This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UH chapter.

Anaissa Ruiz Tejada lives her life according to three key factors—discipline, dedication and achievement. With a major in biotechnology, Anaissa implements these qualities on a daily basis in order to keep up with her busy lifestyle.

She is the social director of Phi Sigma Rho—an engineering sorority—and also works at the Campus Recreation and Wellness Center as a personal trainer, group fitness instructor and fitness program assistant.

“My job is to provide students a way to be healthy and have fun at the same time,” she said.

Anaissa moved to the U.S. from Mexico to attend college. She considers her sorority sisters and UH Rec co-workers family.

“When I got to UH I didn’t know anyone else,” Anaissa said. “If I had not been a part of these organizations, I probably wouldn’t be here right now.”

Anaissa prides herself on her ability to stay disciplined in order to accomplish every goal and task that she has going on.

In her downtime, Anaissa works hard to train for her first bikini competition that will take place later this year. Wonder Woman could learn a thing or two about balancing a hectic schedule from all that Anaissa has going on!

“I love being involved because I believe that in order to be successful we must learn how to develop ourselves as individuals,” she said.

Anaissa is preparing to graduate in 2017. She has achieved so much in her time at UH and she is ready to face the world upon graduating. For this UH Cougar, the sky is the limit!

I am a senior at the University of Houston majoring in Public Relations with a minor in Nutrition. Communicating is my passion. I am a member of many on-campus communications organizations which include: Public Relations Student Society of America (PRSSA), Association for Women in Communications (AWC), Center for Student Media (CSM) and Her Campus UH Chapter. My hobbies are singing, playing guitar, dancing, spending time with my family, reading books, playing with my puppies and going to watch live concerts. When I graduate I hope to work at a PR agency in Houston, New York, Los Angeles or London. Follow me on Twitter @mslaurenmarieee and Instagram @mslaurenmarieee
"Writing means sharing. It's part of the human condition to want to share things - thoughts, ideas, opinions."