This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UH chapter.

Us college students, we’re a busy bunch. However, Allure Anoma—this week’s Campus Celebrity—is busier than most.

In her final semester as a broadcast journalism student, Allure has had her hand in what seems like nearly every campus organization.

“I’m a member of the Nigerian Student Association and am currently the UH Black Alumni Association student chair,” she said. “I’m working with the Phi Beta Sigma fraternity to coordinate their spring scholarship pageant and I’m also working with the school of communication to develop and promote their ambassador program.”

Allure’s extracurricular involvement doesn’t stop there. She previously served on the boards of the Nigerian Student Association, UH’s NAACP chapter and the Homecoming committee.

Outside of school, Allure has been building an impressive résumé. She’s interned with CBS Sports, HBO, Hot 95.7, Macy’s, Seventeen Magazine and Shell. She’s also a GrammyU ambassador.

“It’s quite a bit for four and a half years, but well worth it” she said. “By doing these internships, I’ve learned the value of hard work. So much goes into making one day amazing.”

After graduation, Allure plans on becoming a publicist in the entertainment industry.

“I like the challenges and the pressure of getting all of the parts of an event to come together,” she said. “I’m very headstrong and resourceful. I don’t take no for an answer and I want to make sure I’m the best at whatever I do.”

While her world may be a beehive of activity, Allure isn’t too busy to give others a little encouragement and advice.

“Never give up,” she said. “Be your own boss. Every day that you spend working for someone else is another day you spend building someone else’s dream instead of your own.”

BreeAngela Hamilton is a senior studying print journalism and computer graphics technology at the University of Houston. She is the Managing Editor of Her Campus UH. Her favorite pastimes include watching reruns of Law & Order: SVU and listening to music at a high volume while navigating traffic. Follow her on Twitter and Instagram @breeelyse_.
"Writing means sharing. It's part of the human condition to want to share things - thoughts, ideas, opinions."