6 Tips for the Black Friday Madness

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UH chapter.

It’s time to start preparing to make the most of this Black Friday, and here’s a few ways to make sure we come out of it successful and victorious!

Make a game plan.

Grab that shopping list and sit down in front of the computer. Figure out what stores you want to go to, and what places have the best deals.  

Set a budget.

Decide in advance how much money you will spend. If you need to be even stricter on yourself, go to the bank and get some cash. Then leave those debit and credit cards at home! 

Be there early, but not too early.

Head to the stores a little after the first rush, so that you can avoid those extra-crazy shoppers! 

Take an Uber or carpool with people.

Let’s be honest, traffic in Houston is already insane. Black Friday will mean the malls are extra busy, so make sure to take the fewest vehicles possible. Take an Uber if you can! It will save you time and gas.  

Take Snacks and dress comfortably.

It’s going to be a long haul. Black Friday is a marathon, not a sprint, ladies! Throw some snacks and a water bottle in your bag. Having those handy saves you time, so you don’t have to wait in those extra long lines for food. Make sure to dress comfortably. Good shoes are a MUST.  

Don’t forget about Cyber Monday!

If you’re not one of those people who can handle the mayhem that is Black Friday, don’t undermine Cyber Monday. It’s the Black Friday for online shopping, and it’s a great alternative.  

"Writing means sharing. It's part of the human condition to want to share things - thoughts, ideas, opinions."