5 Downfalls to Having a High Metabolism

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UH chapter.

We all want to look like Beyonce with her beautiful curves, but having a high metabolism makes that close to impossible to achieve. People roll their eyes at the girl who’s “too skinny”, but fail to realize that she doesn’t want to be that size either. The struggle is real when talking about hyperthyroidism.

1.Cannot gain weight, for s**t!

Why is that bad, you ask? Because no one wants to have the same shape as when they were in elementary school!  I want the voluptuous body all girls crave. Finding a pair of jeans that is snug in all the right places and accentuate your assets doesn’t exist if you can’t gain weight.  Even if I wanted to be functional and play the aggressive sports I like, I can’t because I don’t meet the weight requirement.

2.You are always hungry!

You can eat breakfast, lunch, and dinner and repeat all those steps three times every single day but your stomach is never satisfied. It is like there is a black hole in the center of your body! It becomes even more annoying when you’re sitting in class, and can’t pay attention because you are wondering about what you’re going to eat next while you snack on a Snickers.

3.Food Expenses!

The convenient store in the Student Center seems to be my best friend. I head in there so often to fulfill my cravings that they probably know me by name. And these food fundraisers that wait for their prey under PGH get me every time! If I had a dollar for every time I have gotten food from some cultural club or bake sale I would probably spend it on more food!

4.Building Muscle is a Bitch!

Since our bodies digests food quicker than the average person, protein-dense foods seems to be the only option. Meat, protein shakes, and whatever is listed under “Top 20 Foods to Gain Weight” are all priorities when it comes to packing lunch.

5.Judgemental Looks are Everywhere!

I know, I know everyone hates skinny bitches! Me too! I will gladly give you my hyperthyroidism if that means that I can be satisfied after a meal and potentially look like Queen Bey! I have to deal with people lecturing me  about how ungrateful I am. “You know how lucky you are? I would die to have high metabolism!.”

Thutrang, also known as Mimi, is a student at the Conrad N. Hilton College majoring in Hotel and Restaurant Management with an emphasis in Event Management. Ideally, she likes to explore in positive magnitudes whether it consists of social interactions or spiritual guidance. She is an open-minded person who is more than likely to find your sense of taste in music, conspiracies, clothes, dreams, study habits, etc. inspiring. 
"Writing means sharing. It's part of the human condition to want to share things - thoughts, ideas, opinions."