This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UH chapter.

After last year’s incredible football season the COOG’s were expected to come back better than ever, and that they have! Their first big win against OU, and the wins following after has set the team up for success!

1.UH became the only football team in Texas to be ranked in the top 10 in the AP poll.

The AP poll ranks the top 25 college football teams in the nation. After UH obliterated OU, Houston rose from #15 to #6. Oklahoma fell from #3 to #14. If you’re wondering about the other Texas teams – University of Texas is ranked #11, TCU is #15, and Texas A&M is #20. Who said being the underdog was a bad thing?

Collegefootball.ap.org

2.They’ve proven they can hang with the big dogs in the Big 12 Conference.

After last season’s amazing record, UH wanted entry into the Big 12 Conference. A win over Oklahoma provides proof as to why UH is a legitimate competitor.

Fox26houston.com

3.Greg Ward Jr. lll’s chances for the Heisman Trophy just quadrupled.

Not only has Ward established himself as a viable contender, but he is now a threat to all others in the running. Especially Oklahoma’s own quarterback, Baker Mayfield, who could barely get the ball out of his hand due to Houston’s amazing offense.

Fansided.com

4.University of Houston is officially back on the map!

“Coog Nation is back!” -Tom Herman

Houstonchronicle.com

Jacqueline is a senior at University of Houston double majoring in Accounting & Management Information Systems. She is a bookworm and enjoys paintball and laser tag. When she’s not studying, she likes cheering on her fellow Coogs at games as well as spiking down unworthy opponents in friendly games of volleyball at the Rec.
"Writing means sharing. It's part of the human condition to want to share things - thoughts, ideas, opinions."