4 Resources For When Murphy’s Law Happens

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UH chapter.

What can go wrong will go wrong.

That is exactly what happened to me during a horrible midterm week. I did not only have three online midterms, but I had to babysit my niece who made my laptop crash. Thanks to resources on campus it didn’t end in a complete disaster!

If you ever get a slap in the face by the Murphy’s Law here are places on campus or nearby to save the day.

1.M.D. Anderson Library

The library is open Monday – Friday 7 a.m. to 1:45 p.m., Saturday 8 a.m. to 7:45 a.m., and Sunday from 11 a.m. to 1:45 a.m.

2.CASA Garrison Gym

They have a study lounge downstairs, tutoring, and computers.

3. UH Learning LSS and Writing Center

4.Houston Pubic Library

500 McKinney Street, Houston, TX 77002

It’s only 10 minutes away from campus!

HELLO! My name is Denia Gomez. I am a Latino first generation student at the University of Houston. I'm majoring in Biochemistry (YAY! Science). I am the youngest of four and the only girl. On my free time i like to hang out with family and friends and go on spontaneous adventures, like random road trips to San Antonio or Dallas. I also enjoy a good cup of tea and a good read. And when all fails, my favorite thing to do is to sleep!
"Writing means sharing. It's part of the human condition to want to share things - thoughts, ideas, opinions."