3 Netflix Originals Worth Watching

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UH chapter.

If you don’t have a Netflix account or you’re not borrowing someone else’s you’re not human.

Here are a few shows I reccomend that should fit anyones fancy!

House of Cards

If you’re into politics this is the show for you. I must admit it starts out slowly, but a few episodes in and then you are hooked. Frank and Claire, the main characters are ruthless and are always a step ahead of the game. You may not be able to see the full picture at the beginning, but never underestimate Frank Underwood. He always has a plan.

Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt

Kimmy Schmidt is a hoot. You have to be willing to appreciate word play and quirkiness to enjoy this show. If you take yourself too seriously then I would steer clear of this netflix orginal. After being trapped in an underground bunker for over a decade Kimmy has a lot to learn about the new world including the death of Michael Jackson and Whitney Houston. Follow Kimmy as she discovers what it means to live in New York in 2015.

Orange is the New Black

The cast of OITNB is spectacular. Each character has their own story, and you begin to put all judgement aside as you learn more about their lives and what brought them to Litchfield penitentiary.

Now before you get upset I know there are tons of other Netflix originals that are just as addictive. Narcos, Daredevil, Sense 8, just to name a few. As soon as you finish your finals I reccomend getting your favorite pizza and putting on your most comfortable jammies and Netflix until your heart is happy.

"Writing means sharing. It's part of the human condition to want to share things - thoughts, ideas, opinions."