This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UGA chapter.

At an SEC school, football is ingrained into our experience as a student. Everyone eats, sleeps, and breathes Georgia football. You can’t escape it even if you wanted to. Everyone remembers the first time they set foot in Sanford Stadium and are itching to get back in every September. With kickoff less than a week away, here are the reasons why we’re excited to watch our boys Between the Hedges. Go Dawgs!

Our #1 Recruiting Class

We’re not messing around when it comes to recruiting baby Bulldogs. UGA is the school to be at and play for, and our recruiting class proves it.

Tailgating

As drunk, obnoxious Georgia fans, we love a good tailgate. There’s nothing like waking up early on a Saturday and tailgating at 8 a.m. for a noon kickoff. Here’s to drinking beer in parking lots!

Cheering along with other fans 

UGA students can yell our football cheers in their sleep, and we are happiest when we’re yelling them alongside thousands of other dawgs.

Being back in Sanford

Sanford was renovated this past spring and summer so we’re excited to be back in our familiar stadium with the new scoreboard and other updates!

Calling the Dawgs anywhere and everywhere

On game days, you can call the Dawgs anywhere and everywhere and someone will join in with you. We love the bulldog family! Gooooooo, Dawgs! Sic ‘em, woof, woof, woof.

Game day clothes

Most of us have been shopping around for red and black clothes all summer to get ready for game day and when Saturday in Athens rolls around and we get to put on our new red dress and red lipstick. Well, we know it’s going to be a good day.

We’re winning it all this year

According to the preseason college football rankings, we’re #3, but don’t worry we’re coming for the #1 spot. Even if we fall short, the bulldogs are always #1 in our hearts.

See y’all on Saturday!

Caitlyn is a fourth year student at the University of Georgia. She is pursuing a double degree in journalism and women's studies with a new media certificate and an interdisciplinary writing certificate. She is the Campus Correspondent for Her Campus UGA. Caitlyn spends her free time drinking tea, being a book worm, and imagining new fictional characters to write about.