Career

The Free Learning Tool All UGA Students Need

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UGA chapter.

Heads up Dawgs! The UGA Fall Career and Internship is coming to the Classic Center on Friday, October 6 from 12-5 pm! This is an event you will not want to miss if you are looking to meet recruiters and land a job or internship for the upcoming year! While preparing for this event by getting your resume ready and planning your business professional outfit, here’s one tool that you have access to, FOR FREE, through UGA that can help improve your LinkedIn! 

Hint: Recruiters will most likely be looking at your profile!

LinkedIn Learning is a learning platform offered by LinkedIn and is free for UGA students. The platform offers over 16k+ courses in Business, Creativity, and Technology which can be displayed on your LinkedIn profile to show employers that you are taking action to improve skills in areas such as presentation and communication, database management tools such as SQL and Python, and more even if you didn’t study these topics in your classes. These skills will look great on your resume as well and get you noticed by even more employers who are looking for candidates with these skills. Looking for a job in the tech industry without studying MIS or Computer Science, check out the technology tab for some courses to improve your skills and show companies that you are interested.

These courses can be done at your own pace and you can set goals for yourself to get a number of courses done every week. Click here and sign in with your UGA MyID to start learning!

Check out the UGA Career Center for more information on upcoming career events, job/internship fairs, and resources for career readiness!

Brianna Mays is one of the Campus Correspondents for Her Campus at UGA. She was born and raised in Gwinnett County, GA. She is a Terry Business Student majoring in Management: Human Resouces with a minor in Spanish and Fashion Merchandising.