absolutvision Z20wtGu1OH4 unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
absolutvision Z20wtGu1OH4 unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

The One Website You Need for all of Your “Friendsgiving” Recipes

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UGA chapter.

Minimalist Baker is the perfect recipe guide for a Thanksgiving with friends because has the quickest, easiest and best tasting recipes all around.

Dana Shultz has run this huge recipe blog since 2012 and today boasts two of her very own cookbooks. These recipes aren’t just minimal baked goods though, this website also has several hundred dinner, lunch and breakfast ideas. What’s so great about these recipes is that they, “all require 10 ingredients or less, 1 bowl or 1 pot, or 30 minutes or less to prepare.” For college-students, or just generally busy people, this website is a godsend. 

Not only are the recipes fast, they are almost all “special-diet friendly.” If you yourself aren’t gluten-free or vegan, chances are that one of your friends is. So, if you are hosting a “Friendsgiving,” your friends with allergies or diet restrictions would be so thankful for their eatable options. Don’t worry though: what you gain in health, you don’t lose in taste or flavor. 

Figuring out what to bring to a Thanksgiving potluck can be stressful. Here is a few of our suggestions: For dessert, try Apple Pie Crumble Bars, Carrot Cake, Healthy Peanut Butter Fudge or a healthy twist on the classic Pumpkin Pie. If you’re in charge of a side, consider: Vegan Thanksgiving Wraps, Butternut Pecan Sweet Potato Casserole, or the classic stuffing. Overall, this website has healthier, allergy-free alternative to all your favorite holiday recipes. Check out the website for many more recipes!

Sam is getting her degree in Film Studies at UGA. She hopes to continue writing entertainment reviews and comedy nonsense after graduation. She's always got a latte in hand and can be seen practicing handstands all around campus.