This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UGA chapter.
Knit a Chunky Blanket

I’m sure you’ve seen it all over TikTok, but the 2020 fall trend of hand-knitting a blanket is back and better than ever. With the buy one, get one sale on yarn at Hobby Lobby, now is the perfect time to give it a try. I tried it myself, and it’s surprisingly simple! You can easily make an entire blanket while binging one of your favorite shows on Netflix, and once the colder weather gets here, you’ll be grateful that you have a new cozy blanket to keep you warm.

Bake a pie

If you’ve been waiting to try out the world of baking, now is the perfect time! With the holiday season right around the corner, this is a great chance to perfect your yummy contribution to friendsgiving or a holiday party. Pies and cookies are a great place to start as a beginner baker, and the ingredients can be easily customized to make them unique to you.

Try Photography

With all the new advancements in cellphone technology, you no longer need a fancy camera to be a good photographer. This time of year, Georgia and the UGA campus especially is absolutely gorgeous, with tree lines painted in a rainbow of autumn colors. Capturing that beauty could be a creative low-commitment hobby that can keep you busy until the air gets too cold.

Take a hike

If photos alone aren’t enough for you, then maybe venture outdoors on one of Georgia’s many beautiful hiking trails. Getting a chance to soak in those amazing views and breathe in that crisp autumn air can help you feel extremely refreshed and re-energized.

Make Charcuterie Boards

This is another one of those crazy popular TikTok trends that is once again taking the internet by storm. It would be a lie if I said I wasn’t obsessed too. With so many tutorials online that help with reducing the cost of and designing your board, this could be the perfect easy addition to any festive party, and you’ll be sure to wow all your guests with your arrangements.

I hope you have fun trying out some cozy new hobbies this fall!

Anna is a Management Information Systems major with a certificate in Computer Science. She enjoys reading, playing video games, and frequent trips to Starbucks. After college, she hopes to get a job in software development in a large city.