How Georgians Feel About Hot Weather in February as Told by Baywatch

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UGA chapter.

It seems like it was just yesterday when we were walking to school bundled up in jackets with a hot beverage in hand. In these last two weeks, we’ve had unseasonably hot weather. While our friends are still getting snow in the North, we’re going to school in shorts and flip flops. Insane right?! This weather brings out a lot of emotions and reactions from people in the South, and these Baywatch GIFs exemplify them. 

1. Initial excitement 

At first, we’re super excited that winter is finally over and warmer temperatures are here. We can’t wait to break out all of our cute summer clothing and hang outside for hours without freezing our butts off. It’s truly a great feeling as we all realize that the semester is moving along quickly.

2. Let the spring activities begin!

Laying out by the pool, going on picnics, and going hiking with friends are just a few activities we can do while the weather’s nice and not too blistering hot yet. We can’t wait to engage in all the activities we’ve been missing out on since winter began months ago. It’s safe to say that our weekends for the foreseeable future are booked solid with these fun spring activities. 

3. Lots and lots of sweat

As we walk to class and around campus, we’re reminded of how much the heat really takes out of us. We almost have to take a shower twice a day because of the scorching heat. We definitely didn’t miss getting to class drenched in sweat. 

4. We can’t decide if we want winter back or not

As the change in temperature continues, we grow tired of all the heat. To be honest, we aren’t sure how we’re going to last in this heat until October. We finally come to the conclusion that we would rather have summer than winter. 

5. … And we’re over it 

As the heat grows, we get more and more tired of it and we are more and more ready for the return of winter. We look back on the days we weren’t sweaty with fond memories and can’t wait for that time to return again. 

Spring has just begun, so enjoy the nice weather while it lasts!

Sources: [All GIFs via Giphy, thumbnail image via NBC]

Erin Gilmore is a Georgia native, born and raised in Forsyth County. Since 2015, she has been attending The University of Georgia. She is majoring in Risk Management and Insurance and Advertising. She loves to learn new things and go on adventures with her friends. In her free time, she likes to hang out with her dogs, read and travel.