Halloween Hits: 3 Netflix Series You Can Binge on Halloween

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UGA chapter.

October is coming to an end, which means that Spooky Season will soon be over—but not before it goes out with a bang: Halloween. If you tuned in last week, you might have read my article on the space-horror genre (with a free book suggestion thrown in the mix). Because Halloween is on Sunday, I figured it would be only fitting to provide you with some spooky (TV) series recommendations, and since HC UGA writer Kayla Chanthavisith offered up some milder films for your viewing pleasure yesterday, I wanted to make sure we weren’t leaving our jump-scare-seeking readers behind. Each of these shows are 10 episodes or less, so you’ll definitely still have time to watch them before the clock strikes midnight on October 31st. So, if you’re looking for some last minute frights, here are three miniseries that you can binge in one sitting this Halloween.

Midnight Mass

Midnight Mass tells the story of what happens when the new Father Paul comes to Crockett Island amid religious and cultural divisions between the townspeople and the recent return of former resident Riley Flynn.

Netflix
the Haunting of hill house

This series follows the five Crain children as they deal with the paranormal experiences they endured 26 years earlier after moving in to the strange Hill House.

the haunting of bly manor

Bly Manor is a follow-up to The Haunting of Hill House, but the two stories aren’t exactly connected. The Haunting of Bly Manor follows the story of a woman hired as a governess at a large country house where she starts seeing ghosts.

Hopefully one of these shows catches your eye. Happy haunting, little ghouls!

Presley is a senior at the University of Georgia and one of the Campus Correspondents for her Her Campus chapter. She is pursuing a double major in criminal justice and psychology, as well as a minor in Italian, and she hopes to attend law school after graduation. She plans to someday become a criminal prosecutor. When she's not binge-watching Law and Order, she's studying languages, literature, or music.