This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UGA chapter.

Listen I get it, Valentine’s Day is a day full of love where you spend all day with your significant other. But what about the girls? We get Galentine’s Day, a day for celebrating our friendships with our best girl friends. In the words of Leslie Knope, “It’s only the best day of the year.”

If you are celebrating your wonderful gals and are looking for some fun things to do to show your love for each other, you’ve come to the right place. 

1. Dinner and a Movie

Movie Night

Going to the theater is not just for couples. See a comedy, drama or action movie to entertain your friends and finish the night with a nice dinner at your gals’ favorite restaurant!

2. Picnic and a photoshoot

picnic

Picnics are always a good time, especially as the weather warms up. Coordinate outfits with your gals and enjoy some delicious food in a beautiful place. You could even have a photoshoot to commemorate the day!

3. Mani-pedis

Manicure

Get your girlfriends and take them out for a manicure and pedicure. This is really relaxing and fun for you and your friends to have a nice time! It’s a great way to get a fresh new set and show your gals how much you appreciate them.

4. Game night

Homemade Cards Against Humanity set

Game nights can be very engaging, and even better if you can create your own rules to play. Try inventing your own card game with rules specific to you and your friends for a fun memory you’ll all cherish.

5. Baking day

Cupcake

Everyone loves a good dessert! Take a trip to your local grocery store and invite the gals over for a baking day. It’ll be a low-key way to celebrate the holiday and enjoy some sweet treats!

I hope you have a great time celebrating Galentine’s Day with the help of these activities!

Julia is an Entertainment & Media Studies major. She enjoys all types of music (except country), anything with pesto sauce, and sitcoms. In her free time she loves exploring new places with friends, cooking, and watching movies.