Life > Experiences

8 Fun and Easy Activities You Need to Do With Your Friends This Fall

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UGA chapter.

The weather is FINALLY changing here, and it is starting to feel like fall! Let’s hope there isn’t a random week of 90-degree weather dragging us back to the hot summer months. It’s time for cozy fall sweaters, hot pumpkin spice lattes, and good times with friends, and we have the activities you can do with your friends to enjoy the new season!

Pumpkin Carving/Pumpkin Decorating

Grab some mini pumpkins or a few large ones and make cute designs to display all fall long. Or try mixing paint and baking soda to make a unique design for a piece of decor that matches your personal style.

Fall Paint Night

Try watching a painting tutorial on YouTube or take turns trading the canvas back and forth with a friend, adding a little bit each time. At the end of the night, show each other the final project—cute joint paintings!

Movie Night

You can’t go wrong with an old Disney Halloween movie or a classic flick like The Addams Family! In need of a scare? Make it a scary movie night with popcorn, candy, and blankets.

Apple Picking

When you think of fall, apple picking usually comes to mind. Grab a few friends, head up to Elijay, GA, and make a day trip out of it! Check out some of the best Apple Picking spots in GA!

Vision Board Night

There’s still a few months left in the year, but you don’t have to wait until right before New Year’s to start thinking about what goals you want to achieve. Invite your friends over and make vision boards together with magazine cutouts. To add even more fun to the night, make the vision boards while watching a Halloween movie or have a Vintage Autumn Music playlist to set the vibes for the night!

Book Club/Reading Date

Since the weather is nice, choose a new book to read every week and meet outside to discuss the book. If you want to read outside, tell some friends to meet you in a nice spot on campus, bring a blanket, and ask everyone to bring a book they want someone else to read. Swap the books and start reading!

Thrifting

Fall clothes are great, and we all know that we love fall fashion at HC at UGA! If you are looking for affordable and fashionable clothes and want to shop sustainably, thrift stores are the way to go. Sweaters are usually a common thrifted find and are timeless, so head for that section! It’s an especially fun time when you thrift shop with friends and pick out cute outfits to show each other!

Photoshoot

A fall photoshoot is such a cute and easy idea. Whether you are using your phone or a disposable camera, wearing cute fall clothes or doing a viral TikTok ghost photoshoot, or posing or just taking candid photos doing one of the activities above, this is a fun way to capture some quick shots that will remind you of the fun fall memories you made with your friends!

Whatever you do to celebrate the new season, we hope you enjoy spending time with your friends! Happy Fall!

Brianna Mays is one of the Campus Correspondents for Her Campus at UGA. She was born and raised in Gwinnett County, GA. She is a Terry Business Student majoring in Management: Human Resouces with a minor in Spanish and Fashion Merchandising.