This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UGA chapter.

Happy Midterms! As the semester starts getting busier and more demanding, we’re all looking for a way to turn our productivity up and our anxieties down. Crystals and their unique energies and properties can do just that. If you’re tired of studying this year, run over to Margo’s Metaphysical in Athens or order from the small businesses linked here! You can treat yourself to a crystal to help you get back to it and ace your exams. Here’re the ones I suggest!

Clear Quartz

Quartz has tons of meanings depending on the type and color. This specific quartz stone is said to help clear the mind and improve focus. It’s even sometimes called the “Master Healer” for its ability to amplify the effects of other stones around it.

Tiger’s Eye

This beautiful, dark, amber-colored stone provides motivation and lessens fear and anxiety. It would be great to keep on your person during the actual exam to calm your nerves and make sure you don’t rush through it! A similar stone that gets rid of negative energy and anxieties is Black Tourmaline.

Citrine

This is one of my favorite stones! Citrine is especially good for creativity, memory, and concentration. It’s also said to promote optimism and cheerfulness through its sunny yellow color. ☀️☀️☀️
Fun fact: I had a citrine keychain once, and it broke within about two weeks of me having it on all the time. Supposedly, this means it did its job and I didn’t need it anymore, but instead of accepting that, I just glued it back together. :P

Topaz

This stone would be great for written or spoken exams! Topaz is connected to the throat chakra. It helps with self-expression and clarity in communication. A similar stone is Sodalite, which is known as the “poets’ stone” because it promotes clear focus and ~flow~ when it comes to communicating or articulating ideas.

Agate

This stone is perfect for calming your nerves and promoting confidence. It works to bring peace to your surroundings as well as ease anxiety. Jade is also a good stone for these purposes, as it’s known as the “tranquility stone.” Jade is also especially famous for its ability to relieve headaches.

Fluorite

I’ve started wearing this stone on a necklace every day! Fluorite is the ultimate stress fighter, helping to rejuvenate and reset. It’s also said to bring motivation and positivity to its patrons. Fluorite is typically associated with the Heart and Third Eye chakras, meaning it encourages balance and intuition as well.

Amethyst

Amethyst is “everyone’s favorite stone” because not only is it BEAUTIFUL, but it also has a ton of great healing properties! It’s said to help with immune health and deeper sleep as well as intuition, courage, and decision-making, which we all need going into midterms this year.

Amazonite

This gorgeous blue-green stone is often called the “gambler’s stone” because it soothes the nervous system and brings good luck. So, for busy bees who don’t quite have enough time to study this week, this might be your best bet!

All these stones (and more) can be powerful tools to get you through Midterms, Finals, and college altogether. Sending good vibes and good luck to you all! <3

Sydney is a Journalism and Theatre major with a minor in Political Science at UGA. She loves all things pop culture, politics, nature, and self-improvement/healing! You can almost always find her on campus diving in to a good book or grabbing a coffee at Starbucks or Jittery Joes.