This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UGA chapter.

Whether you are taking a special someone on a first date, or looking for a new and adventurous time with your S.O., here is a list of some of the best locations on UGA’s campus for a date. They are great for a variety of seasons and budgets, most of them for little to no cost.

1. North Campus

The Northern part of UGA’s campus contains a variety of locations that are perfect for a date. Bring a picnic basket or some tasty food from any downtown Athens restaurant and head on over to the North Campus Quad for a nice setting to a relaxing meal. Herty Field is also a great place to chill or have fun, especially in the famous UGA fountain! You two can also experience the classic chapel bell and the UGA Arch located on the edge of campus. North Campus is a great place for a perfect day!

2. UGA Sporting Event

This one is for the fans with a love for sports and have a ton of UGA spirit! Take your S.O. to Sanford Stadium and cheer on our SEC Champion football team, or head on over to Stegeman Coliseum to catch a great basketball game. No matter your sports interests, UGA sporting events are sure to be fun! Here is a link to upcoming athletic events at UGA.

3. Georgia Museum of Art

If you are looking to have a classy and sophisticated date, check out UGA’s Museum of Art. It hosts incredible art exhibitions from all over the world. Art collections include paintings, sculptures, photographs, and posters from a vast range of decades. Best of all, admission is free! Here is a link to more information and the hours of operation.

4. State Botanical Garden of Georgia

This is the perfect date location for a nice fall or spring day. This research botanical garden contains a wide collection of flora and fauna. It also has over five miles of nature trails. Go on a relaxing walk through the garden that your date is sure to enjoy! Admission is free, and the garden is open every day from 8am to 7pm.

5. UGA Observatory

Calling all science lovers! This is the perfect date for anyone who loves to gaze at the stars. Located on the top of the Physics building, viewing the universe in the observatory is fascinating AND romantic! Make a reservation to visit an open house. The next viewing is of Saturn, Mars, and the Moon on October 12 from 8pm to 9pm. Here is a list of upcoming open houses at the observatory.

6. The Creamery

A lesser-known spot on campus, The Creamery is a cute little shop located on the first floor of the Environmental Health Science building. It has 16 of the best Mayfield ice cream flavors, and also a variety of Jittery Joes coffee! If you and your date are feeling a little hungry, The Creamery offers food such as sushi, sandwiches, and other snack items. Also, enjoy the quiet and cozy courtyard located right outside. The Creamery is open Monday through Friday from 8am to 5pm.

7. Outdoor Movie Night

This is a fun twist on the most classic first date. University Union occasionally offers various movies that are located outside on campus. Either chill on the lawn at Myers Quad, or pull up and relax in the Intramural Fields lot, and enjoy the screening of a movie with your lucky date. The next scheduled movie is a drive-in screening of “Lilo and Stitch” at 8pm on September 27 at the I-Fields. The movies are free with a valid UGA ID, and $3 for general admission. Here is the full schedule of University Union events.

8. Oconee Forest Park

This is for the couple looking for a relaxing outdoor adventure. Oconee Forest Park is a beautiful, oak-hickory natural forest with some of the best hiking and mountain biking trails. On your date, chill in the solitude of wildlife watching, or head on over to the Lake Herrick boardwalk and cast a few fishing lines. The park is located directly behind the Intramural Fields. Here is more information about the park.

There are plenty of locations on campus for you and your S.O. to enjoy together. Everyone is encouraged to go out and explore what this great school and town have to offer. Go Dawgs!

Photos courtesy of Unsplash.

Jenna is a Broadcast Journalism and Communication Studies student at the University of Georgia. She transferred to UGA her 3rd year of college and has been enjoying it ever since. Her hobbies include traveling, writing, exploring UGA's campus, cheering on the Dawgs every Saturday, going on downtown Athens dates with her best friends, and high-key stanning the contestants on The Bachelorette (#TeamTylerC).