7 Benefits of a More Positive Lifestyle

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UGA chapter.

Though there is so much good in the world, it’s often hard to remember to look for the positives in life. However, it’s undeniable that more positivity typically equals more happiness. From building self-love to improving both mental and physical health, there are so many good things that come from a shift towards positivity. With so many benefits, it’s easy to see why a more positive lifestyle change may be in order. Here are a few of the main reasons to prove that positivity can only lead to improvement.

1. Positivity is heathier. Good health is something that is very important to be aware of, especially for college students. Thinking with positive thoughts helps maintain health. With the many stressors that life provides, it’s easy to see why negative and unhealthy thoughts may arise, but the best way to improve any situation is to find the silver lining within it. Overall, this change in thinking will allow for a healthier lifestyle to be possible.

2. Self-love becomes priority. There is no way to stress enough the significance of loving oneself— happiness starts with self-love. If one is unable to love oneself, then it can make it extremely difficult to develop meaningful relationships with others. However, through a change in thinking more positive thoughts, self-love automatically improves. As a result, not only is self-confidence and self-worth developed, but others can begin to love you for you.

3. Positivity lends a hand to creativity. As positivity improves, creativity is automatically boosted at the same time. With more positivity and more happiness, productivity and new ideas become accelerated. The possibilities are endless as the world opens up around one who is positive. New perspectives and thoughts become a part of the consideration of how to live a life and how to create things.

4. More positivity = more success. Success can depend on many factors, but when it comes down to it, the most important aspect of success appears to be one’s outlook. A positive outlook will lead to more potential opportunities, more self-motivation and ambition, and more overall success as a result.

5. Less stress. With more positivity, more happiness, and less concern for those things that just aren’t important in life, it’s easier to minimize stress. Why worry about things that won’t matter in the long run? Stick to a mindset that will cause less stress, as a result of positivity.

6. Happiness is key. As a goal that many strive to achieve each day, happiness is of utmost importance. The key to not only a fulfilling life, but also a meaningful one, happiness truly is one of the greatest things that all humans need to survive.

7. A lifelong change. A positive mindset is not just a temporary thing. It is something that must be worked on for one’s whole life. Though it will not be easy to always stay positive, it’s something that provides so many benefits, that it’s worth the struggle. That’s why it’s so important to start thinking with positivity now— It will make it that much easier to live well, to live happy, and to live with love for all, including oneself, much earlier on.