alexey lin j 0pjgxE1kc unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
alexey lin j 0pjgxE1kc unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

6 Ways To Spring Clean Your Life

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UGA chapter.

Spring is officially here, and you know what that means! It’s time for spring cleaning–we don’t necessarily mean just your dorm room. Today, we are talking about how to spring clean your college life. Here are six ways to do so:

1. Look over your updated syllabus list and make note of changed due dates!

At this point in the year, it would be surprising if your teachers haven’t changed any due dates. Even if they haven’t, look through your updated syllabus and calendar to get an idea of what to expect in the coming weeks. Write everything down in your planner and start making study plans, essay outlines and project plans to stay on top of everything.

2. Re-evaluate your 2019 goals.

We’re almost done with the first quarter of the year, and you may have already given up on some of your resolutions. It’s not too late to re-evaluate or even change your 2019 goals. Look over what you’ve gotten done and things you could’ve done differently, then write out a plan for how you are going to accomplish everything you want to this year. It’s never too late to start changing your life.

3. Plan a self-care day.

I don’t know about you, but between work and school, I’m “on” seven days a week on clockwork. There’s always work to do and something to study for, so it’s hard to find a single day to have for myself. I’m sure many college students can relate. Plan one day to sleep in, relax and watch TV. Don’t pile things onto your to-do list because you HAVE TO be productive. Give yourself a mental break to get you through the mid-semester slump.

4. Do a digital declutter.

Unfollow social media accounts that clutter your feed and make you feel terrible. Unsubscribe from emails that you never read and try to hit inbox zero. After you get that done, back up old files on a flash drive and delete things off your computer. This will clear your mind a lot in the coming months.

5. Do a financial check-in.

I know that many people avoid this, but not checking your bank account will cause you more stress in the long run. Check your bank account to see how much money you have in checking and savings. Look over your student loan situation and start making plans for that. You could even check your credit score to see if you are using your credit card responsibly (pay it off in full each month). And finally, evaluate your budget. What are you spending the most money on and what can you do to use your money more wisely?

6. Actually spring clean your room.

This is the most obvious tip in this article. Spring cleaning does usually imply physically cleaning your space. So make like Marie Kondo and get rid of the things that don’t spark joy. After decluttering, spray everything down and wipe all the dust before vacuuming all your hair off your carpet. It’ll feel like you’re in a different room once you’re done.

Now that you’ve got an idea of what to do, go make this the best spring yet. 

Triasha was born and raised in metro-Atlanta. She is majoring in Psychology and hopes to work with children with disabilities after graduating. She's a huge nerd and is super into books, Broadway shows, and superhero movies. She loves to write and runs a blog (makingmyway.co) and dreams of traveling to more countries than her grandfather (47 and counting)