3 Reboots Premiering This Fall That We’re Excited for

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UGA chapter.

This fall will be filled with exciting takes on the stories we all know and love. Ever since the news of these shows reached us, we have been impatiently anticipating their premieres so we can see what the shows are about for ourselves. Prepare yourselves for the end of October when all these shows premiere!

1. Charmed 

We are extremely excited to see what this reboot will hold. ‘Charmed’ will be a feminist reboot of the original series that follows three sister witches in San Francisco, who battle demons and save innocents. The show will follow three sisters—Macy, Maggie and Mel as they discover their Wiccan heritage and unravel the mysterious circumstances around their mother’s death. We are excited to see the similarities and differences of this show to the original. This reboot will be premiering on the CW on October 25th.

2. The Chilling Adventures of Sabrina

This Netflix original will not be like the Sabrina the Teenage Witch we all grew up with in the 90’s. It will be a darker version of Melissa Joan Hart’s Sabrina that is more closely tied to the original Archie comics. We are also excited to see the young and talented cast of Kiernan Shipka and Ross Lynch. After Shipka’s notable portrayal of Sally Draper in Mad Men, we are excited to see her take on Sabrina. This will be coming to Netflix on October 26th. We hope that Salem will be sassy in the reboot! 

3. Legacies

‘Legacies’ will follow Hope Mikaelson, the daughter of Klaus Mikaelson and Hayley Marshall, as she attends the Salvatore School for the Young and the Gifted. The school provides a safe haven for young vampires, witches and werewolves to safely learn how to harness and control their powers. If the show is anything like The Originals or The Vampire Diaries, we know that it’ll be worth watching. “Legacies” is a spinoff of The Vampire Diaries’ spinoff, The Originals. It will debut on the CW on October 25th.

We will definitely be tuning into these premieres with popcorn and Halloween candy. Netflix will definitely be questioning if we’re still there. We can’t wait to see what these new stories will hold and add to the universes that we all love.

Erin Gilmore is a Georgia native, born and raised in Forsyth County. Since 2015, she has been attending The University of Georgia. She is majoring in Risk Management and Insurance and Advertising. She loves to learn new things and go on adventures with her friends. In her free time, she likes to hang out with her dogs, read and travel.