Why Join Her Campus UFL?

Her Campus UFL is the University of Florida chapter of HerCampus.com, the #1 online magazine for college women. We publish articles every weekday during the fall and spring, plan engaging campus events and create social media content for a community of empowered, creative, go-getter collegiettes. Our team of writers, editors, social media superstars and event-planners has earned the Elite Level Chapter ranking — which means we perform in the top 5 percent of all 350+ Her Campus chapters around the world.

We're looking for new team members who are self-starters and passionate about all things digital media and creating content for an audience of college women at UF and beyond. Alumnae of Her Campus UFL have gone on to work for POPSUGAR, NBC Universal, Her Campus Media, Mashable and Polygon (among many other outstanding media brands and companies).

If you're an undergrad at UF who is:

• Interested in pursuing a career in any facet of media, communications or digital marketing
  • A self-starter with tons of ideas
  • Looking to join a supportive, fun group of like-minded college women
  • Eager about creating meaningful work and expanding your portfolio

...we'd love to see your application(s)! Keep reading to learn more about our open positions and application details. We have four teams: Editorial, Video, PR/Events and Social Media. Applications are due Aug. 1 by 11:59 pm EST. Questions? Email Campus Correspondents Jessica Curbelo and Viviana Moreno at [email protected].

1. Editorial

• Features writers pitch and write weekly evergreen articles about everything from opinions, Gainesville life, entertainment, style and beauty, health and wellness"I Tried It" pieces, personal essays and all things college life. If you love in-depth articles, interviewing fascinating people, deep-diving into relevant issues and putting your own spin on trends, apply to the features writer position. 
  • News writers set the pulse for the latest happenings, issues and conversations important to college women at UF (and beyond). News writers are welcome to also pitch ideas for feature stories, but they'll focus on writing 1-2 news stories per week on events and issues that pertain to UF students. Required: Published samples that show news-writing skills. Click here to apply for the news writer position.
  • Features editors are grammar-savvy proofreaders who could recite the correct forms of your/you're and there/they're/their in their sleep. Features editors meet weekly editing deadlines, lead small meetings with their group of writers, send weekly feedback to writers and also have opportunities to pitch ideas and write for the website if they choose. Required: Previous writing and/or editing experience. Click here to apply to the features editor position.

Note: All applicants for Features Editor will be considered for Senior Editor. All applicants for News Writer will be considered for Senior News Editor. (It is not binding –– if accepted, you can choose to remain in the position you directly applied for.)

• Senior editors are the backbone of the editorial team. Masters of grammar and organization, senior editors help the editors-in-chief by working with a group of features editors to edit and upload stories weekly, providing feedback to the editors and writers. 
  • Senior news editors know what's happening in Gainesville like the back of their hand. The senior news editor oversees the news team, working with reporters to develop pitches and chase down the stories that matter to college women at UF and beyond. They'll be pushing their reporters to their full potential and editing news stories weekly.

2. PR/Events

• Public Relations/Events team members are instrumental in the success and promotion of Her Campus UFL on campus and beyond. PR/Events team members plan and execute tabling events, outreach and interactive events partnered with other student organizations, promote Her Campus UFL content on their own platforms and participate in other promotional events. The PR/Events team may also have opportunities to take part in exciting sponsored events and campaigns, like the Her Campus Tour. If you're an event-planner extraordinaire, creative marketer or aspiring PR professional, this is the position for you. Click here to apply to the PR/Events team member position.

3. Social Media

• We're looking for an Instagram manager who will oversee the Her Campus UFL Instagram account and write fresh and engaging copy that aligns with Her Campus UFL's voice and promotes HC UFL articles. The ideal Instagram manager has previous social media management experience and a passion for creating an original theme/brand presence that goes beyond filters. Talent in and an eye for graphic design is a major plus. Experience with layout apps (i.e. Unfold) is also a major bonus. Click here to apply to be our next Instagram manager.
  • We're also in search of a Twitter manager who will oversee the Her Campus UFL Twitter account and write copy that aligns with Her Campus UFL's values and voice and promotes HC UFL articles. The Twitter manager must be able to commit to writing/scheduling posts 4-5 days per week. Previous experience with social media management is a plus. Excellent grammar and spelling skills are required. Click here to apply to the Twitter manager position.
  • We're looking for a Facebook manager who will oversee the Her Campus UFL Facebook account and share three articles each day 4 days per week. The Facebook manager will be required to have excellent grammar and spelling skills and create copy that promotes our articles. Previous experience with social media management is a plus. Click here to apply for the Facebook manager position. 

Meet our Campus Correspondents, Jessica and Viviana!

Co-Editor-in-Chief Jessica Curbelo is a senior journalism major minoring in Russian. This is her third year with Her Campus UFL. She was previously a features editor and the senior news editor for the team. Her writing can be found not only on Her Campus UFL but also the Independent Florida Alligator, WUFT News and the Gainesville Sun. 

Co-Editor-in-Chief Viviana Moreno is a third-year journalism major minoring in women's studies. This is her first year as Co-Campus Correspondent and third year with HC UFL. She was previously a writer and editor for the team. Her bylines include The Affinity Magazine and College Fashionista, but she also enjoys the world of social media and public relations. 

Frequently Asked Questions

1. Are Her Campus UFL positions paid? 

Like the majority of college-level media experiences, all positions with Her Campus UFL are unpaid — but you will, without a doubt, gain invaluable real-world editorial and media experience and expand your portfolio.

2. Can I apply for more than one position?

Yes — you may apply to more than one position, but if accepted, you will only be given an offer for one position.

3. What's the deadline?

Applications close August 1 at 11:59 pm EST. Late applications will not be accepted.

4. Who can apply?

We accept UF undergraduate students. (Yes, this includes incoming freshmen!) Due to the nature of our organization, we only accept IA and PaCE students who will be on campus/in Gainesville full-time for the fall semester. We do not accept alumni, full-time grad students or Santa Fe College students. 

Questions? Please contact Campus Correspondents Jessica Curbelo and Viviana Moreno at [email protected].