Why Join Her Campus UFL?

Her Campus UFL is an equal opportunity organization. All are welcome to apply.

Her Campus UFL is the University of Florida chapter of HerCampus.com, the #1 online magazine for college womxn. We publish articles every weekday during the fall and spring, plan engaging campus events and create social media content for a community of empowered, creative, go-getter collegiettes. Our team of writers, editors, social media superstars and event-planners has earned the Elite Level Chapter ranking — which means we perform in the top 5 percent of all 350+ Her Campus chapters around the world.

We're looking for new team members who are self-starters and passionate about all things digital media and creating content for an audience of college women at UF and beyond. Alumnae of Her Campus UFL have gone on to work for POPSUGAR, NBC Universal, Her Campus Media, Mashable and Polygon (among many other outstanding media brands and companies).

If you're an undergrad at UF who is:

• Interested in pursuing a career in any facet of media, communications or digital marketing
  • A self-starter with tons of ideas
  • Looking to join a supportive, fun group of like-minded college womxn
  • Eager about creating meaningful work and expanding your portfolio

...we'd love to see your application(s)! Keep reading to learn more about our open positions and application details. We have four teams: Editorial, Video, PR/Events and Social Media. Applications are due Aug. 13 by 11:59 pm EST. Questions? Email Campus Correspondents Julia Mitchem and Viviana Moreno at [email protected].

1. Editorial

• Features writers pitch and write weekly evergreen articles about everything from opinions, Gainesville life, entertainment, style and beauty, health and wellness"I Tried It" pieces, personal essays and all things college life. If you love in-depth articles, interviewing fascinating people, deep-diving into relevant issues and putting your own spin on trends, apply to the features writer position. 
  • News writers set the pulse for the latest happenings, issues and conversations important to college women at UF (and beyond). News writers are welcome to also pitch ideas for feature stories, but they'll focus on writing 1-2 news stories per week on events and issues that pertain to UF students. Required: Published samples that show news-writing skills. Click here to apply for the news writer position.
  • Features editors are grammar-savvy proofreaders who could recite the correct forms of your/you're and there/they're/their in their sleep. Features editors meet weekly editing deadlines, lead small meetings with their group of writers, send weekly feedback to writers and also have opportunities to pitch ideas and write for the website if they choose. Required: Previous writing and/or editing experience. Click here to apply to the features editor position.

2. PR/Events

• Public Relations/Events team members are instrumental in the success and promotion of Her Campus UFL on campus and beyond. PR/Events team members plan and execute tabling events, outreach and interactive events partnered with other student organizations, promote Her Campus UFL content on their own platforms and participate in other promotional events. The PR/Events team may also have opportunities to take part in exciting sponsored events and campaigns, like the Her Campus Tour. If you're an event-planner extraordinaire, creative marketer or aspiring PR professional, this is the position for you. Click here to apply to the PR/Events team member position. (Note: You will also be asked in you'd be interested in working specifically on an events team.)
  • The newsletter manager is a new position and venture for the organization. In this position, you will be responsible for setting up a weekly newsletter to be sent to an audience who has signed up. The newsletter will be curated, edited and creatively developed by the manager and approved the Co-CCs. The newsletter can include aspects such as the past week's stories, social media posts, upcoming events, inspirational quotes, educational resources and more. Click here to apply to the newsletter manager position. 
  • The Twitter manager is responsible for creating and scheduling original digital content for the Her Campus UFL Twitter platform. You will be maintaining and growing the brand’s online presence both at the chapter level and as a representative of the brand nationally. Click here to apply to the Twitter manager position. 
  • The Facebook manager is responsible for creating and scheduling original digital content for the Her Campus UFL Facebook platform. You will be maintaining and growing the brand’s online presence both at the chapter level and as a representative of the brand nationally. Click here to apply to the Facebook manager position. 
  • The graphic designer/social media assistant is a new position and venture for the organization, you will be responsible for creating graphics for our social media platforms (mainly Instagram, Twitter and Facebook). They will be working alongside the multimedia brand manager to collaborate on assignments. Click here to apply for the graphic designer/social media assistant position. 

Meet our Campus Correspondents, Julia and Viviana!

Graphic with the UFL Co-CCs

Co-Editor-in-Chief Julia Mitchem is a third-year journalism major minoring in Spanish. This is her third year on the team. She was previously a features writer and a features editor. Her writing can be found not only on Her Campus UFL but also in WUFT News, Our Town Magazine, Senior Times Magazine, The Fine Print and the Independent Florida Alligator.She loves content creation and creativity, so she is currently trying to gain experience in the social media and public relations realms. Julia is passionate about empowerment, especially womxn.

Co-Editor-in-Chief Viviana Moreno is a fourth-year journalism major minoring in women's studies. This is her second year as a co-campus correspondent and fourth year with HC UFL. She was previously a writer and editor for the team. Her bylines include The Affinity Magazine, College Fashionista, WUFT and the Women's Media Center. Because of her love of reading, she is currently trying her hand in the publishing industry but also enjoys the world of social media and public relations.

Frequently Asked Questions

1. Are Her Campus UFL positions paid? 

Like the majority of college-level media experiences, all positions with Her Campus UFL are unpaid — but you will, without a doubt, gain invaluable real-world editorial and media experience and expand your portfolio.

2. Can I apply for more than one position?

Yes — you may apply to more than one position, but if accepted, you will only be given an offer for one position.

3. What's the deadline?

Applications close August 13 at 11:59 pm EST. Late applications will not be accepted.

4. Who can apply?

We accept UF undergraduate students. (Yes, this includes incoming freshmen!) We do not accept alumni, full-time grad students or Santa Fe College students. 

Questions? Please contact Campus Correspondents Julia Mitchem and Viviana Moreno at [email protected]

(Note: In the wake of COVID-19, HC UFL operations may look different as it relates to large gatherings and meetings.)