Why Join Her Campus UFL?

Her Campus UFL is the University of Florida chapter of HerCampus.com, the #1 online magazine for college women. We publish articles every weekday during the fall and spring, plan engaging campus events and create social media content for a community of empowered, creative, go-getter collegiettes. Our team of writers, editors, social media superstars and event-planners has earned the Pink Level Chapter ranking — which means we perform in the top 20 percent of all 350+ Her Campus chapters around the world.

We're looking for new team members who are self-starters and passionate about all things digital media and creating content for an audience of college women at UF and beyond. Alumnae of Her Campus UFL have gone on to work for POPSUGAR, NBC Universal, Her Campus Media, Mashable and Polygon (among many other outstanding media brands and companies).

If you're an undergrad at UF who is:

• Interested in pursuing a career in any facet of media, communications or digital marketing
  • A self-starter with tons of ideas
  • Looking to join a supportive, fun group of like-minded college women
  • Eager about creating meaningful work and expanding your portfolio

...we'd love to see your application(s)! Keep reading to learn more about our open positions and application details. We have four teams: Editorial, Video, PR/Events and Social Media. Applications are due Jan. 1 by 11:59 pm EST. Questions? Email Campus Correspondents Darcy Schild and Nicole Akerman at [email protected].

1. Editorial

• Features writers pitch and write weekly evergreen articles about everything from opinions, Gainesville life, entertainment, style and beauty, health and wellness"I Tried It" pieces, personal essays and all things college life. If you love in-depth articles, interviewing fascinating people, deep-diving into relevant issues and putting your own spin on trends, apply to the features writer position. 
  • (NEW POSITION) News writers set the pulse for the latest happenings, issues and conversations important to college women at UF (and beyond). News writers are welcome to also pitch ideas for feature stories, but they'll focus on writing 1-2 news stories per week on events and issues that pertain to UF students. Required: Published samples that show news-writing skills. Click here to apply for the news writer position.
  • Features editors are grammar-savvy proofreaders who could recite the correct forms of your/you're and there/they're/their in their sleep. Features editors meet weekly editing deadlines, lead small meetings with their group of writers, send weekly feedback to writers and also have opportunities to pitch ideas and write for the website if they choose. Required: Previous writing and/or editing experience. Click here to apply to the features editor position.

2. PR/Events

• Public Relations/Events team members are instrumental in the success and promotion of Her Campus UFL on campus and beyond. PR/Events team members plan and execute tabling events, outreach and interactive events partnered with other student organizations, promote Her Campus UFL content on their own platforms and participate in other promotional events. The PR/Events team may also have opportunities to take part in exciting sponsored events and campaigns, like the Her Campus Tour. If you're an event-planner extraordinaire, creative marketer or aspiring PR professional, this is the position for you. Click here to apply to the PR/Events team member position.

3. Social Media

• We're looking for an Instagram Story manager who will create, manage and assign Instagram Story series and create/post story slides.The ideal Instagram Story manager has previous social media management experience and a passion for creating an original theme/brand presence that goes beyond filters. Talent in and an eye for graphic design is a major plus. Experience with layout apps (i.e. Unfold) is also a major bonus. Click here to apply to be our next Instagram Story manager.
  • We're also in search of a Twitter manager who will oversee the Her Campus UFL Twitter account and write copy that aligns with Her Campus UFL's values and voice and promotes HC UFL articles. The Twitter manager must be able to commit to writing/scheduling posts 4-5 days per week. Previous experience with social media management is a plus. Excellent grammar and spelling skills are required. Click here to apply to the Twitter manager position.

Meet our Campus Correspondents, Darcy and Nicole!

Editor-in-Chief Darcy Schild is a senior journalism major minoring in sociology. This is her second year as Co-Campus Correspondent and fourth year with HC UFL. She was previously a writer and editor for the team — as well as an editorial intern and national section editor at Her Campus headquarters. As editor-in-chief, she oversees writers and editors and manages all editorial projects.

President Nicole Akerman graduated with a degree in marketing in Fall 2018 and is completing her masters in international business. Nicole previously worked on the PR/Events team, this is her second semester as President. As president, she oversees all things social media, PR, creative marketing and event-planning. 

Frequently Asked Questions

1. Are Her Campus UFL positions paid? 

Like the majority of college-level media experiences, all positions with Her Campus UFL are unpaid — but you will, without a doubt, gain invaluable real-world editorial and media experience and expand your portfolio.

2. Can I apply for more than one position?

Yes — you may apply to more than one position, but if accepted, you will only be given an offer for one position.

3. What's the deadline?

Applications close January 1 at 11:59 pm EST. Late applications will not be accepted.

4. Who can apply?

We accept UF undergraduate students. (Yes, this includes incoming freshmen!) Due to the nature of our organization, we only accept IA and PaCE students who will be on campus/in Gainesville full-time for the fall semester. We do not accept alumni, full-time grad students or Santa Fe College students. 

Questions? Please contact Campus Correspondents Darcy Schild and Nicole Akerman at [email protected].