Where to Grab a Coffee in Gainesville

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UFL chapter.

Attention, coffee addicts. Finals week will soon be upon us, and HC UFL is here to provide you with the official cheat sheet of Gainesville’s coffee scene. Whether you’re looking for a quadruple shot beverage to keep you up all night or a zero-calorie frozen milkshake, rest easy, children. G-ville has it on lock. Here is a breakdown of where you should order your latte really comes down to the circumstances you’re in, and we can also help you figure out what kind of coffee drinker you are.

Starbucks: You’re on campus currently en route to Library West and in need of your venti iced Starbucks beverage to survive the all-night Facebook session you’re about to have. Starbucks offers a variety of beverages that appeal to all types of students, so don’t worry — whatever craving you have will be satisfied. You probably have to leave 20 minutes early for your class to make time to sit in your UGGs in the never-ending line for your frap fix, though.

Bay Islands Coffee Co.: If you are bewildered at the sight of a caravan of Jettas lined up beside a petite shack in Butler Plaza, don’t be alarmed; it’s just a another basic flavored coffee place. But this particular spot is definitely worth the hype. Imagine all the flavors of Starbucks multiplied by 500 and for less money. Bay Islands is pretty much the only artificially flavored food hipsters will willingly ingest and is therefore more than good enough for us mere mortals.

Coffee Culture: PETA called. It wants its eco-warrior back. If you’re a fan of Coffee Culture, you are probably also a fan of Birkenstocks and acoustic covers of rap songs. You enjoy the simple things in life like sipping on a nice iced latte made with soy milk and organic coffee beans and disposing your cup via one of 10 different types of recycling. With espresso, frozen and iced options on the menu and local artists often playing live music, this hippie paradise is a must-try.

Dunkin’ Donuts: It’s between 3 p.m. and 6 p.m., you’re a baller on a budget and all about that happy hour. Who doesn’t love a $1 delicious giant iced coffee? Dunkin’ offers some of the cheapest caffeinated treats in town, so you’re sure to get the most bang for your buck if you visit one of its locations University Avenue or on Archer Road. Though you may be in a current state of depression after cookie dough coffee made its tragic exit from the menu, summer flavors will be upon us again soon. Until then, you can drown your tears in pumpkin spice and peppermint.

Regardless of where you pick up your iced caffeine, these Gainesville establishments are certifiably delicious. In the end, it really only comes down to what coffee place the gift card that your grandma gave you for your birthday belongs to.