This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UFL chapter.

Where were you when you heard Teen Vogue was going out of print? I was scrolling down Twitter when I saw Teen Vogue and Allure‘s digital editorial director Philip Picardi retweet the news. I lit the candles in my room, grabbed my vegan ice cream and began to mull over the memories I had with Teen Vogue magazines. I remember reading Teen Vogue before I was even a teenager.

I would bring them to my best friend’s house, where I would bake brownies while my friend would read the articles aloud as if they were breaking news. We’d make collages from the photo spreads and sometimes circle the items we wanted in the advertisements and sneakily give the magazines to our parents. Growing up with Teen Vogue is what made me realize I wanted to become a writer, and it’s what sparked my interest in fashion and beauty.

When I heard that Teen Vogue was going out of print, I thought it would be gone forever. What I didn’t know is that it would become more relevant than ever.

Teen Vogue sums up their new mission in their Twitter bio that reads: “The young person’s guide to conquering (and saving) the world.” With article titles like “6 Feminists Take On Call-Out Culture” and “No, White People Aren’t Being Attacked at ‘Black Panther’ Screenings,” it’s clear to see that Teen Vogue is expanding their horizons. To be honest, I’m obsessed.

The newly re-vamped site covers the expected topics of fashion, beauty, lifestyle and wellness, but now it boasts a new section: news and politics. Teen Vogue is no longer the epicenter for glossy lipped teens looking for style advice; it’s the hub for young people to read and become informed about current events and how those events could affect their futures.

One of the newest projects that launched after Teen Vogue went out of print is called them. According to them.’s website, it is a “Next-Gen Community Platform… (which) chronicles and celebrates the stories, people and voices that are emerging and inspiring all of us.”

You can expect to find content that ranges from politics, style, pop culture and news, all with the LGBTQ community’s experience in mind.

As for them. and Teen Vogue’s decision to go paperless, a statement from parent company Conde Nast reads: “As audiences continue to evolve around content consumption, we will continue to modernize and calibrate how, where and when we produce and distribute our content to be in sync with the cultural moments and platforms most important to our audiences.”

Teen Vogue is now a well-rounded site for people of various identities to come together and celebrate the experience of being a young adult. Though I was initially devastated about Teen Vogue ceasing its print editions, I’m more excited than ever to see what it (and “them.”) comes up with next.

Cayela is a junior at the University of Florida studying Journalism and costume design. She has a passion for street style, sewing and empowering others. She loves to write fun, well-researched articles with a focus on social justice. You can find her on Instagram and Twitter @cayecuev