Wellness > Mental Health

What Each Sign Should Do Now That Mercury Is Out Of Retrograde

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UFL chapter.

Finally! The day we have been waiting for is here. Mercury is officially out of retrograde! With all of the chaos this has brought us, we all are left to wonder…now what? I’m here to give you all of the answers you’re seeking. Each sign has handled this retrograde differently, and each sign has its own way of putting back the pieces. Here’s what each sign can do to reset themselves to begin a fresh journey of new perspectives and good fortunes, and to find a clear idea of the future ahead!

Aries

Aries, I know this retrograde has been emotionally exhausting for you. This retrograde could have taken a toll on the relationships in your life, whether it be with a family member, a partner, a friend or yourself. Aries, you can go back to being your uncensored self again! Take time to reach out to your connections to tell them how you truly feel. It’s time to create a clear path for your future!

Taurus

With Mercury in your sixth house of organization, health and self-care, these weeks in retrograde may have taken a toll on you physically. You may find yourself more tired, slow or unmotivated. Now that Mercury is direct, you may find it easier to find peace within yourself and your body. This is a great time to catch up on rest and get back into your routine. This is the time to get back into treating yourself the way you deserve! Take this time out of retrograde to rest, rejuvenate and reset yourself for the weeks ahead!

Gemini

Gemini, you can stop holding your breath. I know this retrograde has hit you hard. Mercury is in your ruling planet and this past retrograde fell in your fifth house of creativity and love, causing some problems within your relationships and self-expression. As things are finally settling, the romantic and confident vibes are comin’ in hot! Gemini, take the time to do something that you love. Whether it be writing in a journal, painting a portrait or perfecting your makeup skills, go get those creative juices flowing!

Cancer

As Mercury ends its retrograde period in your domestic fourth house, you’re finally going to feel the peace you have been craving. Things like safety, security and care have probably felt kind of shaky recently. With this retrograde finally coming to a close, your ability to trust your gut will be stronger than ever (FOLLOW IT). To recover from this retrograde, go back to things that make you feel safe. Whether you watch your favorite movie, reread your favorite book or listen to your favorite songs, go back to those spaces of comfort. Remind yourself how good it feels to experience the feeling of the familiar.

Leo

Mercury retrograde is known to cause communication mishaps. Leo, this retrograde was definitely a hard one for you. As it fell in your third house of communication, this might have taken a toll on your abilities to express your thoughts and feelings. Now that it’s direct, you can expect to find that communication comes smoother to you. In turn, you will be better understood by others! Leo, take the time to write down all of your feelings (no matter how messy or difficult). This will allow you to open your mind and heart for new opportunities and stronger connections!

Virgo
As Mercury turned retrograde in your second house of stability and money, you may have found it difficult to resist the overspending of money or have found yourself strapped the past few weeks. However, now that Mercury is direct, you should find your finances flowing with abundance and should feel a bit more secure (especially since Mercury is your ruling planet!) Virgo, now is the time to start reorganizing yourself for future successes. It could be time to start keeping a planner to help you find more security in your schedule, your notes and your financial plans!

Libra

Hey Libra, how are you feeling after this crazy ride? Mercury was retrograde in your first house of beginnings, identity and self, making for a very confusing time. You have probably found yourself torn and lost with how you want to move forward with your future. Now that things are direct, it’s time to go out into the world and claim what you want. Don’t waste time waiting for a sign or a green light that may never come. It’s time to start doing things because YOU want to and not because you think it’s what’s easiest. 

Scorpio

Scorpio, the emotional baggage you have been carrying these past few weeks is finally beginning to lift! Mercury was retrograde in your unconscious and imaginative 12th house. If you’ve been feeling introspective, it’s time to get out of your own head. To give you a fresh start, now that you’re out of retrograde, is to set aside some time to close your eyes and meditate. Take a moment to appreciate where you are in this moment and pride yourself on how far you have come! It’s time to exist in the moment, Scorpio!

Sagittarius

Mercury was in retrograde in your 11th house of teamwork. In this retrograde, you may have found it hard to work with others and be a good teammate. Working collaboratively is not easy, as it takes a lot of communication, patience and time. Now that things are aligned, you are going to find yourself reigniting that team effort mentality. Sagittarius, ask some friends to hang out. Do something together that you haven’t done before! It’s time to go on adventures and face challenges with those important people in your life!

Capricorn

Retrograde was in your professional 10th house. This may have set you back on your goals. Now that it’s direct, you may finally find the ability within yourself to straighten out those unfinished plans. It’s time to look to the future to find that life has a lot of things to look forward to! Capricorn, you may find it helpful to write out your goals and keep them in a place where you know you will be able to see them every day! This reminds you to continue being the best that you can be. Go get ‘em, Cap!

Aquarius

Mercury retrogrades are pretty commonly known to mess up plans. This retrograde could have been especially hard on your plans of travel, adventures and new experiences. Mercury was in retrograde in your ninth house of expansion and travel, so if it got in the way of your original plans, this is your chance to try again! Aquarius, it’s time to redo those travel plans! Take the risk to book the trip! You will find that this time spent on your getaway will give you that fresh perspective you’ve been searching for.

Pisces

Mercury was in retrograde in your emotionally intense eighth house. This may have made it very hard for you to express your deep emotions. Pisces, it’s time to open up! Now that you are out of retrograde, it is best for you to listen to how other people in your life are feeling. Ask your loved ones how they’re really feeling. Take the time to open up and reconnect to your relationships on that deeper level they were once on. Vulnerability makes you stronger!

I hope you all take the time to refresh your lives now to prepare for your bright futures ahead! I know that this retrograde really took a toll on all of us but we are capable of cleaning up the mess and soon coming back stronger and wiser than before. Enjoy your time of peace! Good luck with the next retrograde. You’ve got this!

Madison is a student at The University of Florida majoring in Mass Media Production with a minor in Graphic Design. Madison is a positive individual who loves astrology, Harry Styles, and any kind of iced coffee. When she isn't writing, you can find her shopping for plants, playing Mariokart with her friends, and perfecting her strategies for making the perfect avocado toast.