This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UFL chapter.

So, its time to discuss something that is more important to most girls than any of us would care to admit: our hair.  How many of you get really frustrated when your hair won’t do what you want or doesn’t turn out looking like you had hoped? I am certainly guilty of this and know many girls out there are as well. Target, however, carries many products that will cure that dose of “bad hair sickness” no matter what you are looking for!

Biolage Leave-in Conditioner: $17.99 
Living in a place like Florida, our hair is certainly exposed to the elements like sun, rain, saltwater, and humidity to name a few. In order to keep your hair healthy and shining like you just left the salon, try using a leave-in conditioner (especially if your hair is on the drier side). It will give your hair the extra TLC it needs and deserves! Keep this in mind as you venture off to the beach for spring break and summer, which are both quickly drawing near (thank goodness!). One of my favorite brands at Target is Biolage. It’s salon quality at a great price!                        

Detangle Comb 
Although this may seem silly, a large aspect of keeping your hair pristine is how you brush it. After shampooing and conditioning your hair in the shower, opt for a wide-tooth comb like the one above instead of a regular bristled brush. The wide-tooth comb will be gentler on your hair. These types of combs are better for your hair because hair is very prone to breakage after shampooing and conditioning. If you don’t use the comb all the time, at least try to get into the habit of using it after the shower!

When your hair just won’t cooperate… 
This may scare some of you…but my advice for when your hair just won’t cooperate is experimenting with some sort of messy up do. With this style, you don’t have to worry about it being perfect because it is “messy.” This style is alternative to a sleek pony. The messy style gives off a cool and nonchalant vibe while still looking great AND turning a bad hair day into a great one! To achieve a look like this all you really need is hairspray, bobby pins, and (maybe) a hair tie! These are my favorites:

Any type of thin elastics (around $5.00)

Conair bobbypins (price varies)

Aussie Hairspray $2.99 

I hope these tips help! Remember to give your hair the TLC it needs, and don’t be afraid to experiment new styles by shopping for hair products at Target! 

Cara oversees Her Campus Media's community department and serves as strategic lead for the expansion, development and management of all HCM communities, including the Her Campus Chapter Network, InfluenceHer Collective, College Fashionista, Spoon University, Campus Trendsetters, alumni and high school. She works closely with company leadership to develop new community-related sales offerings and the Integrated Marketing team to support all community-focused client marketing programs from end to end. Cara has experience working with high-profile talent, such as Jessica Alba, Andrew Yang, Amber Tamblyn, Aja Naomi King, Troian Bellisario, Jessica Marie Garcia, Nico Tortorella, Nastia Liukin, Rebecca Minkoff, Cecile Richards and Samantha Power, as well as brands like Coca-Cola, L'Oréal Paris, The New York Times, HBO, Uber, H&M and more. Having been a part of the HC family since 2011, Cara served as Campus Correspondent of the HC chapter at the University of Florida where she studied journalism, women’s studies and leadership. A New Yorker turned Floridian, Cara has a Friends quote for any situation. You can usually find her with her friends and family at the beach, a concert or live sports event or binge-watching Grey's Anatomy or Sons of Anarchy. Follow her on Instagram and Twitter @thecararose.