This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UFL chapter.

It’s no secret that social media influences people’s likes, dislikes, opinions and hobbies. If anything, these platforms allow people to share their lives with an audience; therefore, people bounce ideas off of one another. Considering TikTok has recently grown into one of the most popular social media platforms, it’s no shocker people learn things from other people’s content. Sometimes, I’ll find outfit inspiration, a new workout routine or new show to watch, all thanks to TikTok. As an avid TikTok watcher (who can’t seem to stop scrolling through the “For You Page”), I learn something new from my feed on a daily basis. Food is no exception: Certain snack and meal recipes have gone viral on TikTok. Usually, one content creator will share a recipe, and then other people will try out the recipe and post a similar video until the recipe starts trending. Here are some of my all-time favorites, rated:

Baked feta pasta: 8/10

If you have a TikTok account, then this baked feta pasta recipe is likely to flood your For You Page. These 15-second-long clips of placing a feta block surrounded by tomato, baking the dish, mixing the combination into a sauce and pouring it over pasta are convincing enough to make you go buy out the feta section at your local grocery store.

Bell pepper and cream cheese: 6/10

For anyone looking for a new healthy snack, this combination is the way to go. If you are a Trader Joe’s fan like me, then “Everything but the Bagel Sesame” seasoning blend is always a staple. This recipe consists of cutting up a bell pepper, spreading cream cheese inside the bell pepper and topping it off with “Everything but the Bagel Sesame” seasoning. Even though I am not the biggest bell pepper fan, this shockingly goes well with cream cheese.

Gigi Hadid’s penne alla vodka: 10/10

As much as I was hesitant to try this recipe because I assumed it was an overrated penne alla vodka attempt, it went above my expectations. As much as Gigi Hadid is known for her top-notch modeling skills, she should definitely be recognized for her skills in the kitchen. The key to this recipe is the lesser-known ingredients you wouldn’t always think to add to a pasta dish, such as red pepper flakes and green onion. All of the ingredients combined make for the perfect creamy sauce with a kick of spice.

Mini pancake cereal: 7/10

This recipe immediately reminds me of quarantine last March, and it was the perfect way to start my not-so-busy mornings. As someone who loves food in small bites, I was a huge fan of this idea to cook pancakes into a small shape. On a regular basis, I still prefer pancakes in their large, fluffy form; however, if you haven’t tried making this yet, it’s definitely worth a try.

Tortilla wrap: 9/10

Although this is more of a tip rather than a recipe, this tortilla wrap has become shockingly popular on TikTok. Instead of folding your tortilla in half, this trick involves folding your tortilla in quarters, and each quarter is filled with a different ingredient. This tip satisfies my cravings because it allows for me to get multiple ingredients into one bite, while doing so in an organized fashion.

If you love trying new meals as much as I do, TikTok may just be the answer to all of your prayers.

Jolie Freedman is a Sophomore at the University of Florida and is from Melville, New York. Jolie is working towards achieving a Bachelor of Arts in journalism with an outside concentration in marketing. Jolie has a passion for storytelling and digital media, and she places a heavy emphasis on the importance of social media. Jolie is also a campus trendsetter for Her Campus Media and an ambassador for the College of Journalism and Communications. Aside from her journalistic involvement, Jolie enjoys skiing and art. Jolie's inspiration to join the Her Campus community stems from her involvement as the Print Manager and Staff Writer/Editor for her high school's newspaper.
UF Class of 2021. Journalism & women's studies. Viviana Moreno is a writer and online creative dedicated to exuding warmth and promoting inclusivity. She creates content that fuels truth and curiosity through her contributions to publications that seek to empower and inform primarily college-aged individuals.