etienne girardet Xh6BpT 1tXo unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
etienne girardet Xh6BpT 1tXo unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Protein Cookie Dough Butter

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UFL chapter.

We all have those late-night sugar cravings, or in my case, all-day sugar cravings. Nothing could beat the sweet satisfaction of taking spoons full of Nestle Toll House chocolate chip cookie dough after dinner. However, with spring break next week, I thought it might be time to find some other alternatives to satisfy my cookie dough addiction.

I came up with this recipe a few weeks ago, and it is great because it satisfies that sugar craving. At the same time, this edible cookie dough will not cause you to backtrack too much, so you can still reach your fitness goals. Feel free to play around with the nut butter to regular butter ratio: the more nut butter you add, the better it is for you. This recipe will fill up about one mason jar. I recommend keeping this in the fridge just like you would with regular cookie dough. Plus, it tastes much better cold. For my vegans out there, just substitute the butter for vegan butter, and use dairy-free chocolate chips instead.

Happy snacking!

Prep time:

12 minutes

Things you will need:

1. Electric hand mixer/cake mixer

2. Mixing bowl

Ingredients:

¾ cup nut butter (I used almond butter)

½ cup grass-fed unsalted butter

½ tsp. vanilla extract

¼ tsp. cinnamon

¼ tsp. nutmeg

¼ tsp. pink Himalayan sea salt

3 scoops of gluten free protein powder (I used vanilla)

3 tbsp. coconut crystals

1 tbsp. of almond milk

3-4 tbsp. dark chocolate chips

Photo & Video credit: Taylor Wilson

Features writer and videographer Taylor is a third-year public relations major and this is her first semester with Her Campus UFL. Taylor just transferred from LSU where she played on their beach volleyball team so she is super pumped to finally be a Florida Gator. Since moving to the ville, you can find Taylor either at SWR playing beach volleyball, blogging at Starbucks or staying up too late in midtown. This Summer Taylor is studying abroad with the J-school in Greece and London and then backpacking across Europe. You can follow her blog at sunsandvolley.wordpress.com and on Instagram @taytayyy28