andrew neel z55CR d0ayg unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
andrew neel z55CR d0ayg unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

My Top 5 Favorite Places in Europe

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UFL chapter.

Traveling is an awesome experience that allows you to take a break from everyday life. Being able to travel to a new country is exciting because you will be able to see new sights, meet new people and taste different cuisine. Every time I travel in Europe I am blown away by the beautiful and rich history every country offers. Here are some of my favorite European countries that I highly recommend visiting one day.

Greece

Greece will always have a special place in my heart because of all the summers I spent there with my family. Greece is the perfect place to go if you are looking for island life. Each island is filled with fantastic beaches and caves perfect for snorkeling. Also, if you love to hike there are plenty of nature trails to take on the mountains. Some islands I recommend visiting are Mykonos, Corfu, Santorini and Zakynthos. Not only is Greece a beautiful country, but the people are super friendly, and the food is delicious. If you are a big fan of seafood and pasta, you will love visiting Greece.

France

My favorite places I have gotten to visit in France would have to be Paris and Nice. I fell in love with the Louvre, Eiffel tower and all the shopping Paris had to offer. Walking down all the little cobblestone streets was exciting because I encountered so many vintage shops filled with unique jewelry and antiques. I also loved going to the bakeries to find fresh pastries, such as croissants, macarons and éclairs. Nice is in the south of France where you will be able to find rocky beaches and great nightlife. Nice is also very close to the iconic, picturesque Monte Carlo, which is the the perfect spot for a day trip!

Spain

If you ever find yourself in Spain, you must take a few days to visit Barcelona. Walking down the streets of Barcelona is mind-blowing because the architecture is like nothing you have ever seen before. The city’s modernista architecture is by Antoni Gaudí, and some of his famous works are Sagrada Família and Park Güell. Enjoy some churros dipped in chocolate while you take a rowboat ride in Parc de la Ciutadella.

Italy

I recently had the chance to study abroad for six weeks in Rome, and I would go back in a heartbeat. Living in the center of Trastevere gave me the opportunity to live close to various family-owned restaurants, shops and a famous gelato shop. If you find yourself in Rome you absolutely need to see the Trevi Fountain and the Colosseum. The Amalfi Coast is the perfect place to take tour boat rides around the island of Capri.

England

London is one of the fashion capitals of the world, so visiting all the shopping centers was a blast for me because I am, indeed, a shopaholic. Besides the great shopping, you must visit some local pubs and eat some shepherd’s pie. My favorite pub I visited was the Mayflower Pub, this smaller pub had relaxing atmosphere and great food. Take a stroll through St. James Park, where you will most likely be able to see soldiers and horses walking out from Buckingham Palace.

Being able to travel to Europe is a great experience because you will learn to appreciate different cultures, get out of your comfort zone and meet new people!

Photo courtesy of the author.