Celina Timmerman-Oversized Tshirt And Cup
Celina Timmerman / Her Campus

Manifesting the Power of Manifestation

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UFL chapter.

It’s not enough to daydream about the things you desire most in life. If you want to achieve these things, you must know the process necessary to get them. But usually, you don’t read “manifestation” as a step on the wikiHow page.

Unless, of course, you’re on the “How to Manifest Anything” wikiHow page. (Yeah, it actually exists!)

In order to know how to properly manifest your dreams into fruition, you have to first become familiar with the process of manifestation.

Some people view manifestation simply as focusing very intensely on something you want until it appears in your life. However, manifestation is not magic. It isn’t enough to think about what you want; you have to take steps toward making it a reality.

For example, if your manifestation goals are related to your career, you have to do more than think about your dream job. Putting the effort into networking and sprucing up your résumé would be tangible, substantial steps you can take in the meantime.

“Manifesting is also known as co-creating because it’s a collaboration between you and the Universe,” said Gabrielle Bernstein, who is the author of Super Attractor and The Universe Has Your Back.

It’s also important to note the same approach to manifestation isn’t universal to everyone. Getting caught up in the details of your desires, as manifestation encourages for “focus,” works like repellent for some people.

So, yes, that means vision boards and elaborate lists may not always be advantageous in your spiritual journey.

Christine Hayes, an expert on manifestation, explains there are two types of people: Specific Manifestors and Non-Specific Manifestors.

Because manifestation “is about locking in the vibrational frequency of what you desire in the current moment and allowing it to become your default frequency,” Non-Specific Manifestors are unsuccessful at intricate plans because details cause resistance toward reaching their desired vibration.

Instead, these types of people should take a more general approach toward their desires, using a theme or fixating on a certain ambiance.

Additionally, no one is a newcomer to manifestation. It isn’t simply for Gen-Z TikTokers or spiritual people.

For example, let’s say you wake up late, stub your toe on the same furniture you always do, spill coffee on your shirt, then show up to work already defeated by your day. Because your mentality is now in “bad day” mode, you begin to attract more instances that pile on to your dreadful day. In reality, positive thinking and hopes could aid in turning around a bad day — or at least the way you respond to it.

Positive thinking is no easy task, but it’s one of the most critical ingredients to manifesting what you want in life. You can make vision boards and take steps toward your goal, but still be held back by your own self-doubt.

To get what you want, you have to be truly convinced that you are deserving of it. While it’s important to be focused on what it is you want, you should also be mindful that you don’t become consumed by what you don’t have.

If you expect the universe to help you out, you have to remove the clutter of negative thoughts in your head and replace them with clear intentions and words of encouragement. After all, if you don’t believe in yourself, who will?

Alexis is a fourth-year journalism major with a minor in women's studies. Her ideal career would be one that incorporates her love for writing and her passion for social activism. For fun, she likes to read crime and romance novels, explore recommended podcasts, and binge watch New Girl. When she isn't curled up with a book or Netflix, she can usually be found enjoying the nature trails of Gainesville.
UF Class of 2021. Journalism & women's studies. Viviana Moreno is a writer and online creative dedicated to exuding warmth and promoting inclusivity. She creates content that fuels truth and curiosity through her contributions to publications that seek to empower and inform primarily college-aged individuals.