you x ventures Oalh2MojUuk unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
you x ventures Oalh2MojUuk unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Intern Isa: Just Getting Started

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UFL chapter.

As if balancing going to school, working and maintaining a social life wasn’t already hard enough, the rise of my senior year brought up one concern: I hadn’t landed my dream internship yet.

After two consecutive years of applying to multiple positions and not hearing back, I began to question this “dream” career path. I thought I was doing all the right things, but somehow, it just didn’t feel like enough. Eventually, I started comparing myself to those around me. What was I doing wrong? What do they have that I don’t?

My best friend soon reassured me that as long as I had the confidence, good things would follow. They eventually did. This summer, I received an email with the subject line reading “Fall 2017 NBC Digital Entertainment Internship,” and the rest was history.

After multiple interviews, I had landed my dream internship with NBC Entertainment as a digital production intern for late night programming including The Tonight Show with Jimmy Fallon, Late Night with Seth Meyers and Saturday Night Live. Within two weeks, I made my arrangements and headed to New York City.  

The night before my first day, I think I slept about two hours because of how excited and nervous I was,but there was no reason to be. In just the first week that I’ve been here, I  have been exposed to some amazing people and new skills. This is just the beginning.

For all of you who think you can’t get your dream internship, think again. I never thought I’d get to where I am today, even though I always hoped I would. Anything is possible if you work hard enough for it.

For the rest of the semester, I will be writing an #InternIsa segment regarding my internship every other week. If you have any specific questions for me, send them to our Facebook page here!

Darcy Schild is a University of Florida junior majoring in journalism. She's the Editor-in-Chief of Her Campus UFL and was previously a Her Campus national section editor. She spent Summer 2017 as an Editorial Intern at HC headquarters in Boston, where she oversaw the "How She Got There" section and wrote and edited feature articles and news blogs. She also helped create the weekly Her Campus Instagram Story series, Informed AF. Follow her on Twitter and on her blog, The Darcy Diaries.