Her Campus UFL’s First “She’s The First” Bake Sale

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UFL chapter.

Your HC UFL staff and some very helpful volunteers turned a table at the Reitz Union Colonnade into a miniature bakery filled with several delectable cupcakes last week!

Her Campus held its first “She’s the First” bake sale. “She’s the First” is a non-profit organization that sponsors education for young girls in the developing world. The goal of the organization is to help girls be the first of their families to graduate.

Several sororities from UF’s Panhellenic Council contributed goodies to our sale in the form of a bake-off. We would like to thank the lovely sisters of Alpha Epsilon Phi, Delta Phi Epsilon, Delta Zeta, Kappa Alpha Theta, Kappa Delta and Zeta Tau Alpha for their delicious cupcake contributions! Because all the cupcakes were so amazing, we decided to give each one its own award…

The Best Seller

Alpha Epsilon Phi

Chocolate cake with mint icing, topped with a Mint Oreo.

Cutest Cupcake

Zeta Tau Alpha

Strawberry-flavored cake with vanilla frosting and purple gel decorations.

Most Creative Cupcake

Kappa Delta

Chocolate cake with a Reese’s peanut butter cup baked in the middle, topped with chocolate frosting and a mini Reese’s cup

Best Tasting Cupcake (1 of 2)

Delta Zeta

Strawberry Cupcake: strawberry cake topped with vanilla frosting and rainbow sprinkles

Best Tasting Cupcake (2 of 2)

Delta Phi Epsilon

Double Chocolate Cupcake: chocolate cake with chocolate frosting, topped with orange sprinkles

And the overall winner of the Her Campus first “She’s the First” bake-off is… (drum roll please!)

Best Overall Cupcake

Kappa Alpha Theta

Chocolate cake with a Snickers bar baked in the middle, topped with caramel cream icing, caramel drizzle and Snickers pieces. OMG!

Her Campus raised more than $70 from the bake sale and 100 percent of the money made is going to “She’s the First.” We could not be happier to make this donation to such a great cause! Thanks again to everyone who helped out!