Gator Glam: Spring Styles to Prepare for

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UFL chapter.

It’s finally a little bit chilly here in good ol’ Gainesville! We all begged for it, and then we quickly realized we have no clothes to combat this semi-freezing weather we occasionally receive. Luckily, most of us college students can just keep it warm and cozy for class, trendy and comfortable for Midtown, casual and cute for basketball games, and fun and fancy for formals.

What to wear to class: When it’s 8 a.m and your iPhone app says it’s 30 degrees outside, it can be tempting to stay in bed. But, it’s best to plan a warm outfit the night before if you can. Leggings or jeans are an obvious choice with a warm sweater on top, and you can throw on a trench coat or North Face over it for extra padding. Scarves and fuzzy headbands can be annoying, so keep them in your backpack for easy use. Don’t forget a quality pair of socks to go with boots or closed-toed shoes!

What to wear for a night out: The temperature tends to drop in the evenings, and sometimes it can feel like being warm and rocking a cute outfit just don’t go hand in hand. But, there are tons of warm, fashionable items that can be easily incorporated into your wardrobe! Pieces like fur vests, tights, knee-high socks, booties and cropped sweaters can help keep you warm without making you “sweat like a dog” once inside of a bar like the Salty Dog Saloon.

What to wear to basketball games: Basketball season is finally here, and here’s to hoping it’s better than our previous football record! When cheering on the Gators, the typical gameday dress and cowboy boots don’t really work inside the O’Connell Center, so think more casual and a little more covered up. Jeans and a blue or orange top paired with a scarf is a classic go-to, or a colorful maxi works well, too.

What to wear to formals: It’s also formal season, which means you have a good excuse to shop for cute dresses or to break out that LBD that’s been hidden in your closet since fall. Socials, date functions and formals all typically allow for a more casual dress, so look for more going-out type dresses, rompers and jumpsuits. Anywhere like Nasty gal, Forever 21 and Tobi should have you covered.

Don’t freak out next time you check the weather and it’s not sunny and 85 degrees like we’re used to here in The Swamp! Just do some fun seasonal shopping, and winter will be over before you know it.

Photo credit:

warmwinter.loveitsomuch.com

Hi, my name is Kelli Eichorn. This spring I am a fourth year Telecommunications major, specializing in Media and Society and minoring in Anthropology. I love reading and writing, and have a strong passion for both print and broadcast journalism, as well as social media and it's influence on society. My dream is to one day write for a major fashion magazine. This is my fourth semester being involved with Her Campus and I am so excited to be serving as a blogger for GatorGlam! GatorGlam is a blog about beauty, makeup, and skin care for the "Florida" girl. Some of my favorite things include spending time with my sorority sisters, going to the beach, naps, animals, and listening to music.