Fitness with Finesse: Going to the Gym, as Told by Liz Lemon of 30 Rock

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UFL chapter.

Oh, the adventure that is going to the gym. There are ups and there are downs, and then there are a lot of hunger pangs. We all know the struggle of getting yourself to the gym, and then actually using the gym equipment, but we all especially know the satisfying feeling you get when you’re done. While going to the gym is hard, Liz Lemon can relate to us as we push through.

1. It could hit you anywhere, but one day you’ll find yourself struggling to pick up something or out of breath at the top of the stairs.

2. You head to the mirror to check yourself out – It’s fine, right?

3. You’re in absolute denial. A good body without working out is possible, right?!

4. Finally you accept that it’s time to go to the gym.

5. But first, new gym clothes as a must.

6. The time has finally come. You burst through the gym doors like…

7. You get ready to start running on the treadmill when your stomach grumbles.

8. But you push on, knowing pizza is waiting for you at the end.

9. Next stop: The one piece of equipment you know how to use. But someone else is using it.

10. Everyone else seems to be using so much more weight than you. How are they doing that?!

11. You’re halfway through your workout when you hit the wall.

12. And when you finally finish, you feel like you won’t be able to walk.

13. You’re finally done, and you feel great. So no more gym visits for another month, right?

14. First things first: Where’s the food?

15. “It’s okay to eat an entire pizza since I ran a mile, right?”

16. It might have been bad, but it’s worth it when you see yourself in the mirror.

Getting yourself to go to the gym can be the hardest part of working out, and Liz Lemon understands the struggle. But, going to the gym can be an adventure — a tiring one — but it’s worth it in the end when you feel great about yourself and you can eat a whole pizza without feeling as bad about it.

Photo credit: www.pinterest.com