Fitness With Finesse: 4 New Workout Items You Need in 2016

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UFL chapter.

If you’re like me and are new to the gym life, you will notice your closet is in desperate need of fitness gear to fit your new lifestyle. Nothing gets you more motivated to “sweat or regret” than a good shopping splurge for cute gym gear. Next time you hit up the mall or shop online, make sure you check out these items. This also applies to you, “gym junkies.”

1. Polar FT4 calorie counter watch
This nifty wristwatch is a must-have for active collegiettes who want to stay motivated during their workout. My best friend introduced me to this watch after seeing positive, productive changes in her workout routine. It keeps you in the zone in order to burn the most calories. There are plenty of other Polar watches out there, but for something a little simpler and affordable I definitely recommend the FT4.

2. Incredible by Victoria’s Secret Sport Bra
You can never have too many sport bras, especially Victoria’s Secret ones. Let’s face it, once you go inside a Victoria’s Secret store, you can’t leave without making a purchase, so make sure you get a sports bra the next time you’re there. The Incredible Sports Bra is highly fashionable with its wide array of patterns and is lightweight, so you can stay cool when you feel like you’re about to pass out. Most importantly, it gives extra support during a mile-long run.

3. Fabletics leggings
Chic leggings from Fabletics are something you definitely want in your closet this year. The best part about visiting the website is that you can take a lifestyle quiz that caters to your fitness regime and filters personalized outfits. Shout out to Kate Hudson for making women feel confident in workout clothing. Side note: You definitely want to check out the clover leggings (I know I’ll definitely be ordering them soon).

4. bkr Water Bottle
Blake Lively has been spotted out and about with her bkr water bottle, so if Blakely Lively uses it, it must be good and we should all get one. I had no idea designer water bottles were a thing until I saw this bottle at Neiman Marcus. The bkr bottle is made of simple glass, is easy to clean and is eco-friendly in comparison to those 10 plastic water bottles you have lying around in your room. This elegant bottle seriously feels more like a fashion accessory.

You know what they say… “If you look good, you feel good.” And in this case, your workout will be good once you stock up on these cute workout pieces and accessories.

Photo credit: www.pinterest.com

Natalie Cardenas is a fourth year Political Science and Spanish major at the University of Florida. She is from Miami, so Spanglish is basically her first language. She enjoys watching Friends, obsessing over stationery, and lives in black leggings. This past summer she interned with Latina Magazine in NYC, and fell in love with the city life. She plans on booking a one way ticket to the Big Apple after graduation.