This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UFL chapter.

Even though I was born in the late 1990s, I have grown up knowing that the best sitcoms came out of the 90s. As a kid, the classic 90s sitcoms were always on TV in my house, so I grew to appreciate them early on. I didn’t fully understand how much better the sitcoms from the 90s were compared to other decades until about 2010, when I realized that for 10 years I had been watching nothing but TV shows from the previous decade. In fact, I don’t remember ever watching any sitcoms made in the early 2000s. Reruns of almost every 90s sitcom still play on my TV almost every day.

With so many great sitcoms from that decade, how do you decide which ones to watch? They are all pretty great, but I have compiled a list of the best by combining both ratings and my personal opinion. Here is the definitive ranking of sitcoms made in the 90s.

10. Roseanne

This show follows the hilarious, outspoken Roseanne and her wacky family. It was one of the first sitcoms to not only feature a blue collar family but also to feature the mother as the dominant character. Roseanne will crack you up!

9. Frasier

Created as a spinoff of Cheers, Frasier is about a psychiatrist who begins his new life in Seattle. Obviously if you love Cheers you would love this show, but, generally, you can’t go wrong with this one.

8. Home Improvement

Home Improvement is about your stereotypical American guy who loves tools and sports, and he stars in a show about home improvement called “Tool Time”. Tim Allen in his prime. ‘Nuff said.

7. Married with Children

This show follows a high school football star turned women’s shoe salesman, Al, and his dysfunctional family as they go through daily life, which quickly turns into a hilarious series of events. If you love goofy family comedies, this one is for you.

6. Everybody Loves Raymond

Centered around an Italian-American family, this sitcom features Raymond, a jokester who turns any situation into a comedy, his wife, who is often left to be the mom to her children and Raymond, and the rest of his eccentric family. What can I say, everybody loves Raymond.

5. Boy Meets World

In this coming-of-age comedy, Cory Matthews is seen going through the awkward middle school years all the way until he is a young adult. Totally relatable and totally hilarious. Worth binge-watching for sure.

4. The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air

“Now this is a story all about how my life got flipped, turned upside down.” Not only is the theme song extremely recognizable, but this sitcom is also so quotable. Starring Will Smith as a street-smart teen who lives with his rich aunt and uncle, The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air shows two worlds colliding, which leads to a lot of good laughs.

3. Full House

A family sitcom about a single dad trying to raise three daughters. Need I say more? This is a true classic comedy that used to be my favorite growing up!

2. Seinfeld

Starring none other than Jerry Seinfeld, this show follows a group of Jerry’s friends and their seemingly plain lives that are somehow extremely intriguing and hilarious. Such a close second, but barely edged out by…

1. Friends

Friends follows a group of six who live in New York and pretty much just hang out (very similar to Seinfeld), but something about the group dynamic just makes it hands down the best sitcom there ever was. Period.

Next time you’re deciding what show to binge-watch, I recommend checking out one of these classic sitcoms. You won’t regret it.Next time you’re deciding what show to binge-watch, I recommend checking out or rewatching one of these classic sitcoms. You won’t regret it!

Photo credit: hercampus.com