This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UFL chapter.

Dearest Body, 

I wanted to let you know how appreciative I am of everything you’ve done for me. 

I know I don’t say it much, but I wanted to tell you that I love you. 

I love your strong legs because they let me run and jump and dance. 

I love your arms because they let me hug and feel. 

I love your little ears because they let me listen to the music. 

I love your brown eyes because, with them, I’ve seen some of the most wonderful sights. 

I love your mouth because your smile can spread warm energy to even strangers. 

Your nose lets me take in the fresh scents of autumn. Your hair is fun to braid, your freckles are so cute and your dark skin loves the sun, oh Body, I just love you. 

Because of you, I feel alive. You are the ultimate vessel for my intrepid soul. You give me freedom and energy and allow me to do all that I desire. 

I wanted to apologize for all the times I took you for granted and spoke unkind words about you or listened to the unkind words others spoke of you. I was silly then. Even with your scars and marks and spots, you have served me to the best of your ability. 

We took a workout class earlier. I was so impressed with how strong you are. On the drive home, we listened to a melody of guitar drums and vocals, and I was overwhelmed with gratitude for you. Thanks to you, I get to experience the magic of taking in a deep breath and feeling every little cell fill up with oxygen. I get to learn the meaning of being alive thanks to you. 

You are a gift. I owe it to you now to be kind. I will dress you in clothes that fit and are comfortable. I will move you in ways that feel good. I will fuel you with the right nutrients. I will be sure to honor and cherish you for as long as we are tied. 

My one and only, I just have to say, I love you.