7 Scrumptious Cookie Recipes for National Homemade Cookie Day

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UFL chapter.

Midterms are here, and so is the stress. Last Sunday was National Homemade Cookie Day — but we can just extend it to this entire week, right? Don’t worry, collegeittes — you don’t need to be Martha Stewart to indulge in some delicious homemade cookie recipes. Today, I’m sharing the deets for some of the best cookies especially for the uncoordinated college student. Here are seven simple recipes you can make in your dorm or apartment.

Cookies and Cream…and Cheesecake?

Buzzfeed Tasty is always a reliable site for interesting recipes and creations. This recipe is for my fellow cheese lovers! I never thought that cookies and cream cheesecake would be in the form of a cookie. Here’s a simple recipe for cookies and cream cheesecake cookies.

The Giant Ice Cream Sandwich

If you’re spending the day with your friends, you definitely want to make sure you have enough cookies to go around! But what if you put a twist on just making individual-sized cookies? Behold, the giant cookie ice cream sandwich! It’s a cookie, it’s ice cream, it’s a cake. What is it not? This spin on the basic chocolate chip cookie is a great way to spice up the day. Just make sure you have enough dough to purchase all the supplies. This cookie is revolutionary. No doubt, it’s a game changer.

Vegan Delights

For all my vegan readers, don’t worry! I didn’t forget about you. I’ve found an easy to make vegan peanut butter cookie recipe by YouTuber Sue Munstur. A few simple ingredients comes a long way for these cookies. These bite sized cookies are guilt-free so you can indulge at your leisure. It’s a national holiday, so you do you girl!

Healthy, Yet Chocolate Obsessed

If you’re allergic to peanut butter, do not fear, I’ve also found a delicious recipe for you. This recipe is nut-free, grain-free, gluten-free and full of deliciousness. These chocolate cookies aren’t just free of these ingredients, but they’re also healthy. So whether you’re worried about ruining your diet that you’ve kept up with for months, if you’re allergic to any of the above items, or you just want to try these cookies for yourself, this is the perfect recipe for you! It’s a bit more difficult and time consuming than the other cookie recipes, but if you have dietary restrictions and you can’t resist chocolate, then I highly recommend this recipe!

Cookies for the Artsy Gal

If you’re super creative and love crafting, this is the cookie recipe for you! These soft sugar cookies with icing are great for the crafty gal, and although it’s recommended to pair this with hot chocolate, we all know it’s too hot in Florida for hot chocolate (#FloridaProbz). These cookies can also be served alone for yourself to indulge in, or share them with your friends. It’s a great way to socialize, craft and eat all at once!

Trick or (Pumpkin) Treat?

Halloween is approaching! If you haven’t already started on the pumpkin trend, jump right into it with this pumpkin cookie recipe. You can even pair it with a Pumpkin Spice Latte to spook up your October. Prepare yourself for Halloween at the end of this month by making these cookies for October 31!

The Classic Cookie

What a better way to finish off this list of cookie recipes than with a simple, classic chocolate chip cookie recipe. This chewy chocolate chip cookie recipe from Buzzfeed Tasty is a great way to indulge if you don’t like all the fancy flavors of the other recipes. So if you’re basic and proud (there’s nothing wrong with that!), then this chewy chocolate chip cookie recipe is for you.

Don’t be ashamed if you get too chocolate (chip cookie) wasted — own it!

Cady Casellas is a sophomore journalism student at the University of Florida. She enjoys listening to music, spending time with her big Cuban family, fangirling over bands and playing with her dogs. She also plays euphonium and is a member of Sigma Alpha Iota International Music Fraternity.
Darcy Schild is a University of Florida junior majoring in journalism. She's the Editor-in-Chief of Her Campus UFL and was previously a Her Campus national section editor. She spent Summer 2017 as an Editorial Intern at HC headquarters in Boston, where she oversaw the "How She Got There" section and wrote and edited feature articles and news blogs. She also helped create the weekly Her Campus Instagram Story series, Informed AF. Follow her on Twitter and on her blog, The Darcy Diaries.