7 Little Things We All Love About the Holidays

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UFL chapter.

The holiday season is magical. Everyone is bright and friendly. Everywhere you go is decked out in shiny lights, and the strangely comforting colors of red and green. There’s just something about the months of November and December that are special. Here are just a few of the things that make this time of year so wonderful.

1. You have an excuse to bake whenever you want.

Cookies, cakes, pies…you name it. Baking is one of the greatest things about the holiday season. Whether you’re baking for a party, a friend or even Santa, something about a hot oven and the smell of cookies makes your heart happy.

2. Finally, you can listen to Christmas music on the radio.

Ditch the Christmas Pandora station you’ve been listening to since July. Now you can actually get in the spirit by listening to the radio. So crank up classics like “Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer” or “Santa Claus is Coming to Town” and get in the spirit.

3. The halls are decked literally everywhere you go.

Houses, shopping malls and even grocery stores are set up for the Christmas season.

4. Giving and getting presents is great.

Seeing Christmas presents under a tree can instantly make you happy. Tearing wrapping paper off of a gift is a great feeling. Alternatively, giving someone you love a present is also

5. Christmas movies are playing all hours of the day.

It just feels wrong watching Christmas movies at any other time of year. But now, you have an excuse to watch classics like “Elf” and “A Charlie Brown Christmas.” Turn on Freeform, and celebrate the 25 Days of Christmas. It does only happen once a year.

6. You can break out your ugly Christmas sweater.

That ugly sweater you bought at Goodwill is collecting dust in your closet. And, let’s face it, you’re probably dying to wear it. Thankfully, now you can.

7. You get to spend time with family.

Having an excuse to bond with your family is the absolute best thing about the holiday season. From all of the parties, outings and traditions, you get to spend a whole lot of time with your loved ones. Don’t take that for granted. At the end of the day, the holidays aren’t about the presents or decorations. They’re about making memories with people you love.  

No matter what you enjoy about the holiday season, you have to admit, it’s a pretty special time.

Photo Credits: unsplash.com, giphy.com, deviantart.net

Kelly is a sophomore studying telecommunications and English at UF. She is the Campus Cutie writer and couldn't be more excited for her first semester on the Her Campus UFL team! Kelly is an avid traveler, coffee lover, and Netflix junkie. She is also a member of Delta Zeta and a dual citizen of Canada and the United States. Kelly spent her summer at WWSB ABC 7 as a digital media intern. She hopes to one day produce and write for television in a city like New York or Toronto.