4 Struggles of Living in an Apartment, as Told by Pugs

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UFL chapter.

So, you finally move out of your dorm into a big girl apartment and think to yourself, ”Ahhh… this is paradise.” Until you realize it’s not as perfect as you imagined it would be. Before you know it, there are a million little things about apartment life that bug you. Here are several struggles that all apartment-dwelling ladies may experience.

1. The neighbor’s dogEveryone has that neighbor with the tiny little wiener dog. It may be fun to look at and pet, but when it’s time for bed, little Sparky is not so precious anymore. He will keep you up until 3 a.m. with his yappy little bark.

2. StairsNow, I am not lazy. But sometimes, stairs are just plain inconvenient. After a massive haul from the grocery store, you may begin to regret that fourth floor apartment. But, hey, at least it’s a good arm and leg workout!

3. WindowsI always leave the blinds open and I’ve woken up with people staring at me from the outside hallway. Another time I forgot to close the living room blinds before running across the apartment in my underwear to get an outfit out of the dryer. Let’s just say that the neighbor’s boyfriend saw everything.

4. ParkingThere are so many struggles when it comes to parking. Some apartments charge extra for parking and others don’t have guest parking. Everybody has a spot next to that jerk who hit your door but insists he didn’t.

Whatever your situation or struggle may be, one thing is for sure: An apartment is way better than being crammed into a 5×5 dorm with another girl!