This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UFL chapter.

I recently wrote an article titled “4 Gifts for the Gamers in Your Life” where I recommended gifts to give your favorite gamers this upcoming holiday season. I had a lot of fun online shopping for these themed gifts and it felt almost like a treasure hunt to find the best items for people who will truly appreciate them!

With the holiday season quickly approaching, I thought I would share even more gifts I have come across for the gamers in your life. There are so many wonderful options available that will for sure bring a smile to someone’s face!

Game controller mug

Mugs are a go-to gift, and that means there are a variety of mugs available to purchase for your gamer. This game controller mug from Etsy is unique, thoughtful and a neat find if you ask me! The added detail of the “game over” text on the bottom of the mug, which you can see once you’re done with your drink, is a cute touch! This black, ceramic mug holds 12 ounces and is perfect for your gamer to sip on and enjoy one of their favorite beverages. This is a great option when you are unsure of what to get for a gamer, as many people drink coffee or tea, yet it’s personal to them with the video game details.

Gamer poster

When you’re looking for a statement gift, this item is the way to go! This remote controller print has the perfect artistic blend of nostalgia, style and charm. Also, if you’re unsure which gaming system or types of games your gamer is into, this print has it all! Any gamer will appreciate this artwork as it shows the progression of video games and their systems over time. This piece could be hung or placed on a dresser to add a personal decorative touch to the gamer’s room and make them think of you every time they look to admire it. 

Storage basket

If you want to get a more universal gift that can still be used for gaming needs, this set of gray decorative basics is a great option to consider. These can be used to store remotes, accessories, game disks or any other gaming essentials. These can be placed on top of desks, in drawers and on shelves. The possibilities are endless, and there is always a need for more storage. Not only is this gift functional and practical, it’s decorative and adorable, too! There is also the option to use it to store other items, so it’s a gift that can be used time and time again.

Fuzzy rug

A fuzzy rug to place under a desk is a cozy gift to give someone additional comfort and luxury when they are zoning into his or her games. I’m not a gamer, but I have a rug underneath my desk, and it always gives me a warm and cozy feeling that I look forward to when I go to sit in my chair. Also, adding a rug could make a desk chair slide easier. As a cheaper alternative, you could go for fuzzy socks which can offer the same relaxation and comfortable feeling, perhaps gamer-themed socks or socks in their favorite color!

Lastly, don’t be scared to get creative with presents this year. Visit your local Goodwill or thrift store and look for things you can transform or DIY yourself. Maybe you could redo some sort of stand or box for a headphone stand or find a cool frame to put a poster in for them. It’s always nice to get a homemade gift, especially when you’re also shopping sustainably!

Everyone loves to receive gifts that showcase who they are. In the gamer world, there are a lot of unique and interesting items to choose from. Whether you choose a specific gaming gift, or decide to get one that’s more universal, your gamer will see that you put time in effort into thinking about a gift that would be special to them. You’ll both end up with a smile on your faces!

Journalism major at the University of Florida.