This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UFL chapter.

In recent years, and especially during quarantine, the video game industry and its number of users continue to expand and increase. There are so many ways to play, and there are varying types of games. I’m sure we all know of a few people who love spending their downtime gaming.

The holiday season is quickly approaching and you may be often stuck wondering what to get your loved ones for gifts, specifically the gamers in your life. You want something that is specific to them yet not too specific where there’s a chance they won’t like it. Purchasing games can get quite expensive, and it might be difficult to pick out a game that they’ll enjoy. I have a few gamers in my life, and instead of being puzzled on what to get them this holiday season, I searched online to find the best gamer gifts!

A light strip kit to set the vibes ($24.99 on Amazon) 

The trend of incorporating mood-lighting into your space has become extremely popular. Gamers should have their take on the trend, too! This light strip is made to be placed behind a monitor to cast a glow from its edges. It gives the same dreamy effect that the light strips that go around your room do, but the installation is much quicker, which leaves the gift receiver more time to start a new match in his or her game! This light strip comes with multiple color options, as well as a remote control for easy access and convenience. 

PlayStation controller icons lights  ($34.99 on Amazon)

This gift is specifically for PlayStation users and lovers. Whether it’s displayed on a desk, shelf or entertainment center, this light-up PlayStation icon piece is something that’s made for a gamer’s room. This light serves not only as a decorative element, but it also creates a colorful and moody ambiance within a room. To make it even more appealing, it has three different lighting settings to choose from: the normal mode where the colored lights are just simply off or on; the color phase mode where each of the icons lights up one at a time; and party mode where the lights can synchronize up to the beat of any song your gamer is playing. PlayStation lovers will cherish this gift and be able to further express themselves through this decor piece.

An “INSERT COIN TO PLAY” keychain ($14.99 on Amazon) 

Many gamers grew up playing original arcade games. And even if they didn’t, this keychain is still a nostalgic and simple gift for gamers. When pressing down on the center of the keychain, it will become illuminated and amplify its retro appeal. Reviews say that this keychain can be on the heavier side, but some argue that it adds to the quality of the product. Regardless, when you’re looking for a simple and go-to type of gift for your gamer, this is something that they can carry with them to remind them of one of their favorite things to do and remind them of you.

Custom headphone stand ($27+ on Etsy)

This headphone stand is a gift that’s essential to gamers and can showcase their personality! Headphones can get expensive, especially if your gamer cares immensely about sound quality, so this stand is a great way to ensure that the pricey headphones aren’t lying around the room and getting damaged. This way, headphones will have a home, and a cute one at that! The stand can be placed on a desk, a nightstand or wherever their gaming station is located for easy access. When supporting some of the small businesses found on websites like Etsy, you’ll have more options for customization to ensure you are getting a gift for your gamer that is unique to them. This stand has customization options such as color, shape and writing which are wonderful ways to curate this gift to best reflect them.

These unique gifts will show that you thought about the person and their interests and didn’t just grab something off the shelf and called it a day. All of these items are catered towards gamers, and they are bound to love them and the thought that went into them. Whether they are a novice or an expert, your gamer will for sure get a kick out of all these tech-centered items!

Journalism major at the University of Florida.