This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UFL chapter.

We all have those moments when we need a little extra reassurance in our lives. Maybe you’ve been feeling a little nervous about a job interview, or you’re starting to freak out before your date with that cutie from Tinder. There is one kind of medicine that can help put all your worries to rest. I’m talking about a playlist to cure your jitters and make you feel like the girl boss you are. A fair warning: These songs from female artists will leave you with some serious girl crushes and some hard-core girl boss feels.

1. “Run the World (Girls)” – Beyoncé

How could I start a playlist on women empowerment without the Queen B herself? This song has me picturing all those powerful women CEOs taking over the world, and does anyone else suddenly want to rock a power suit?

2. “Pity Party” – Melanie Martinez

All of us have those days when we just feel like crying, so why not embrace it? Grab a bowl of ice cream, and let yourself wallow for a bit because we all need to throw ourselves a pity party occasionally.

3. “New Rules” – Dua Lipa

Ignore your urges to text your ex with Dua Lipa’s new single. It’s basically your best friend telling you to put your phone away and get over him. It’s a perfect reminder when you’re starting to wear even yourself down.

4. “Me & My Girls” – Selena Gomez

I want this song on blast every time I walk into the club with my girl squad. This song is the kind of song that celebrates you and your girlfriends and can keep you dancing all night.

5. “Confident” – Demi Lovato

“What’s wrong with being confident?” Absolutely nothing. Listen to this while you’re getting ready in the morning, and I promise it’ll leave you feeling like a boss. You’ll even nail your winged liner on the first try.

6. “Scars to Your Beautiful” – Alessia Cara

We all know the media is constantly spewing out impossible beauty standards, so it’s time to ignore those voices and listen to Alessia. “You should know you’re beautiful just the way you are/ You don’t have to change a thing; the world can change its heart.”

7. “Heaven in Hiding” ­– Halsey

Halsey’s electropop ballad will leave you with the confidence to “put on a show” and take control of your relationship emotionally and physically.

8. “Most Girls” – Hailee Steinfeld

How many of us have ever had someone tell them that they’re not like most girls? The thing is that most girls are amazing, so why wouldn’t we want to be as unique and powerful as they are?

9. “Girl on Fire” – Alicia Keys

I can’t count the amount of times I’ve belted this song coming back from a run in the insane Florida heat. This song works literally and figuratively, and it’ll give you that extra push to finish out that last mile on your run.

10. “Respect” – Aretha Franklin

Aretha Franklin is a feminist and civil rights icon, and this song is a perfect example why. This song was written to be an anthem for the respect of women, but it would later turn into an anthem for the civil rights movement as well. Talk about paving the way.

11. “Shake it Out” – Florence + the Machine

If Florence’s soft crooning couldn’t make you feel better, TBH, I don’t know what will. This beautiful song is all about leaving your demons behind and starting over.

12. “I Love It” – Icona Pop feat. Charli XCX

This song never fails to put me in a better mood when I feel like the entire world is against me. Not only is it a banger, but it’s also a better way to get out your anger than actually crashing your car.

13. “Green Light” – Lorde

Still bitter over your ex? This song reminds us all that karma is real, and it bites.

14. “Hurricane” – MisterWives

This song reminds us that when people go low, we go high. When someone’s bringing you down, listen to this song to remind yourself that you are your own person and you’re perfect the way you are.

15. “Born This Way” – Lady Gaga

There is no one in the world that embraces their crazy like Lady Gaga, and isn’t that why we love her? So, embrace your weird and be yourself.

16. “Fergalicious” – Fergie

I’m throwing it back for this one, but it’s well worth it. Maybe one of the most iconic songs of the early 2000s, it still gets everyone dancing in club. It’s the perfect song to get your confidence up to go to talk to that guy you’ve been staring at all night.

17. “You Don’t Own Me” – Lesley Gore

This song was recorded in 1963, and it’s still relevant today. This song was even remixed by Grace and G-Eazy, but I included this version because Lesley Gore had some serious feminist vibes to record this in a time when men still ruled the world.

Whenever you’re feeling a little down about yourself or you just want to rejoice in the beauty of these female artists, give these songs a listen, and let yourself get lost in the empowerment.

Michaela is a third-year journalism major at the University of Florida and is currently majoring in journalism. You can find her soaking up the Florida sun at the beach, shopping at a thrift store, or in the front row of a local band's show. Her friends, good coffee and a book are one of the many things that keep her smiling every day. 
Darcy Schild is a University of Florida junior majoring in journalism. She's the Editor-in-Chief of Her Campus UFL and was previously a Her Campus national section editor. She spent Summer 2017 as an Editorial Intern at HC headquarters in Boston, where she oversaw the "How She Got There" section and wrote and edited feature articles and news blogs. She also helped create the weekly Her Campus Instagram Story series, Informed AF. Follow her on Twitter and on her blog, The Darcy Diaries.