This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCT chapter.

It’s Sunday night, and campus starts tomorrow. Your resolution to make yourself a healthy lunch already flew out the window when you threw that leftover pizza in your bag, but it’s okay. You have fully committed yourself to getting an early night to ensure you will be fresh and daisy-like for the term where hell — oops, I meant exams – lie ahead.

As your head hits the pillow, you suddenly remember all the work you had due in the first week: endless readings, tutorial prep, study for that test on Tuesday, two essays due. Why brain? Why now? Why would you betray me like this?

At this point, rolling over and drowning your pillow in tears seems like the best option.

Was binge-watching “Game of Thrones” really worth it? Don’t lie to yourself, you know it was. Who needs to see the daylight anyway…

Enough procrastinating, brain! You need to work, starting yesterday, so you roll out of bed and go sit at your desk. Maybe the week’s worth of lectures you missed is a good place to start.

*Lecture video starts* This is going well. Look at me! I’m actually being a good student and taking notes. That’s actually really interesting, I should Google that later. *stomach growls* {Pets stomach} Not now stomach, you just ate. {Stomach growls again}. Oh well, you think to yourself, a snack won’t hurt.

*Gets snack and comes back to computer as Facebook notification of being tagged in a meme by a friend pops up*

*30 memes and 10 Buzzfeed quizzes later* Why am I like this? It’s one a.m., I should be asleep by now. Okay, no, I can still do a bit of work, perhaps I can do a reading as preparation for my essay.

*Opens course reader and reads contents page* {eyes start to droop closed}

I’m so tired, I’m not going to get any use out of this if I try to read it while tired. Maybe I should set an alarm, sleep for a bit, and then wake up and do my readings; then I will actually be more awake so I can actually absorb the information. Yes, that is an excellent plan.

*Jumps back into bed and sets alarm (but forgets phone is on silent) and then falls asleep*

Erh, this is tomorrow’s problem – and in order for tomorrow’s self to be able to deal with this problem, you need sleep, so you don’t even feel bad as you sleep like a rock. Besides, you can always work in the library tomorrow, if you manage to even find a table…..

Conclusion: Sleep is always the best option.

Co-founder and former correspondent for Her Campus at The University of Cape Town. Two-time graduate of the University of Cape Town holding a Bachelor of Social Sciences and Bachelor of Arts Honours specialising in Media Theory and Practice. Currently working towards my MA in Media Theory and Practice.  My name also kind of sounds like the chorus to September by Earth, Wind and Fire and once you hear it, it can't be unheard.