This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCSD chapter.

The Fall 2014 Quarter is coming to an end, so you know what that means?! It’s time to fill up your coffee mugs and head over to the nearest on-campus market for some scantrons and blue books. Although, the thought of finals week can bring anxiety and tears, there are a variety of ways to de-stress before the big tests in order to maintain (or revive) your sanity. Here are a few of my favorite ways to relax:

1. Have a cup of green tea. According to the American Journal of Clinical Nutrition, there was a forty-four percent reduction in major depressive symptoms (including stress and anxiety) in people who drank more than four cups of green tea each day compared to those who drank less than one. A great fix is an Iced Matcha Green Tea Latte from Starbucks. 

2. Have a motivational girls date. If you think that you’re the only person stressing out over Ochem, you’re WRONG! Chances are that your best friends are also pretty worried about their classes. Call your closest girlfriends to get together for a nice dinner or dessert to ease the tension. Chatting and laughing will take the edge off of your jumpy mind. Great places to have a chill girl’s night are Spice and Rice Thai Cuisine by La Jolla Cove or Up2You Café in Kearny Mesa. 

3. Call home. Sometimes the best medicine could be your mother’s voice. Call home to remind yourself what is important. It is probable that feeling like you have a support system back home will motivate you even more to do your absolute best on all of your finals. 

4. Visit the Cliffs. Visiting the Cliffs that are parallel to Muir College will remind you how lucky you are to be here at UC San Diego. Take a deep breath in. You’ve already made it all of the way here. That should already signify how much of a champion you are. 

Now it’s time to show these Finals who is boss! Good luck to all UCSD students!
Jasmine is currently a senior at the University of California, San Diego. She is pursuing a Bachelor of Arts degree in Psychology and a minor in Education Studies. Jasmine is the Co-Campus Correspondent for Her Campus UCSD, along with the amazing Taylor Zepeda. Jasmine spends most of her time volunteering at low socioeconomic status elementary schools across the San Diego county and grading papers for classes she is a Teacher's Assistant in. Novel wise, she is an avid fan of Edith Wharton and the Lord of the Rings series. She also loves comedic shows like New Girl and The Big Bang Theory, but also enjoys thrillers like Criminal Minds. One of Jasmine's favorite hobbies is trying foods of different cultures; she loves visiting cultural nights and community festivals. Above all, Jasmine worships Beyonce (a.k.a. Beysus, Queen Bee, Baeyonce, etc). Her future aspiration in life is to become the Secretary of Education and have the Hov and B over for dinners.