Style > Beauty

New Products for My Quarantine Skin Routine

The Her Campus National Editors write about products we love and think you’ll love too. Her Campus has affiliate partnerships, so we get a share of the revenue from your purchase. All products are in stock and all prices are accurate as of publication.

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCSD chapter.

I’m sure like everyone else, you’re extremely stressed out about everything that is currently going on in the world. COVID-19 has us trapped in our homes and all of the information surrounding it combined with quarantine stress is a lot to deal with. As a homebody, I’ve never really struggled with being inside, but obviously it’s almost impossible to avoid the flood of anxiety triggering information being shoved down our throats and timelines. Trust me, the stress and anxiety is showing on my skin right now. Acne has always been a huge struggle for me and stress and my diet are major contributors, especially during this extremely stress inducing time. However, aside from daily exercise and activities I enjoy, I have found products that have helped me to feel more secure about my skin and allow me to have a better piece of mind about my skin and keep those stress bumps at bay. 

Acwell No 5.5 pH Micro Cleansing Foam and COSRX Light Fit Real Water Toner to Cream

So recently, I needed a replacement for my cleanser as the second step in my double cleanse routine. I decided to go with this Acwell cleanser because Acwell is one of my favorite brands. It has a lot of nutrients and noncomedogenic ingredients meaning that it won’t clog your pores. The toner is what I use right after. This toner by COSRX (my second favorite brand) is an interesting toner formulation because it pumps out as a cream. But once you rub it on your face, it thins out and absorbs into your skin. My mom actually bought me this toner to help with the after affects of pimples. I scar really easily, so this has been helping with the brightening of these scars. 

COSRX Triple Lightning Vitamin C Serum

As another scar fading treatment, vitamin c is a great option for those suffering from hyperpigmentation. Vitamin c is a key ingredient for help brighten scars, which is why some dermatologists will recommend taking Vitamin c supplements to keep your skin glowy and ensure you’re getting the proper vitamins. This serum has the highest concentration of Vitamin C allowed in a skincare product making it pretty effective. Just make sure it mostly used at night to reduce any possible sensitivity during the day. 

Klavuu Green Pearlsation Tea Tree Care Body Spray

As I’m sure you’re well aware that tea tree is a popular ingredient to help suppress breakouts. However, there’s a large percentage of people that also suffer from body acne like me. And breakouts due to stress and swear from working out or anxiety are bound to happen. That’s why this little body spray is really helpful for those areas that tend to breakout other than your face. If you feel a little sweat, take a warm shower to help your skin relax and then dry off and spray this on the areas that need some help, and you’re solid. 

Skin Gym Rose Quartz Facial Roller

Facial rollers or Gua Sha has been a popular skincare trend over the past couple of years. It has been said that it helps with anti-aging and blood circulation to make your skin tighter and prevent acne and dark circles under your eyes. The coolness of the rose quartz and the rolling motion help to give your skin a good massage. While I haven’t seen too much of a difference in my skin using it a couple times a week for five minutes, it’s definitely a nice selfcare technique. Maybe with everyday use, I’d maybe see a difference, but for now, I’m perfectly happy with doing a massage when I wake up and/or before bed. 

While skincare doesn’t fix everything that’s happening around us, taking care of ourselves and each other should be a priority at this time. If you’re anxious about being cooped up at home, find the little things that relax you and emphasize on them. Read a book until suddenly you find more books you’re interested in. Paint with a Bob Ross video until you realize that painting just to paint is actually fun. Find a skincare video that’s popular and indulge a bit to see if maybe you can improve your skin routine. The possibilities are endless. So to wrap this up, I hope you’re all taking care of your families and yourselves and making sure that despite our outside activities being put on hold, you can still make sure you’re healthy physically and mentally. 

Loralyn Narvaez is a California Native who previously attended UWB. Although she currently lives back in California, she served as Head Writer for the chapter publishing articles and writing her own. She recently graduated from the University of California, San Diego with a Bachelor's Degree in Communications and a Business minor and was Campus Correspondent for HC UCSD. She is currently attending CSU Fullerton pursuing her Master's Degree in Communications. Her interests include cosmetics, fashion, food, literature, linguistics, and Asian culture.