diego ph fIq0tET6llw unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
diego ph fIq0tET6llw unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Meet Kendall Jackson: HC’s Future Lawyer

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCSD chapter.

Meet Kendall Jackson, one of Her Campus UCSD’s Campus Correspondents! We are so lucky to have such a well-rounded colliegette on our staff. From membership in Delta Delta Delta to interning at a family law facilitators office through JusticeCorps, she has so many diverse interests and lofty goals. She’s a true role model for all of us.

Year: Fourth

Major: Political Science

1.) You work at an elementary school as an assistant in a classroom, how did you get into that?

t’s actually apart of my work study program. I tutor 3rd graders in math and reading. My mom worked with elementary school kids, and I always loved going in to help. I love being around kids because they are so innocent and always brighten up my day.

2.) What do you like about your internship?

I provide legal information to litigants and help fill out forms, so it gives you a good look at what the field is like. It’s a really rewarding experience and hands on so I love it!

3.) What are you planning on doing after graduation?

My plan is to go to law school, but I am taking a gap year to study for the LSAT. So I am applying for fellowships in DC and teach for America. Hopefully I’ll get to travel out of the country as well cause I’ve never been outside the US!

4.) Wow, I love how you sound so ambitious you are! Do you have any advice for freshmen who want to get more involved?

My advice for freshman is to try anything that seems interesting. College is your time to discover what your interests are without the influence of our family, so try everything, and then go from there. Also, be open minded to meet people who come from different backgrounds as you, you can learn a lot from them!

Rebecca is a second year student majoring in Cognitive Science. Her goal is to either be involved in Alzheimer's research or be a child psychologist. She helped plan recruitment for her sorority this year and enjoys soaking up the sun at the beach.