car air freshner
car air freshner
Original photo by maya ordonez
Style > Decor

Cute Amazon Car Decor!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCSD chapter.

I love room decor and am constantly switching up the decor in my bedroom and dorm. Naturally, it made sense that I decorate my car because it’s like a little room on wheels. I wanted to go for a combination of my room (beachy) and dorm (flowery) with vibey lights as well! A classic is always having some cool beads hanging from the rearview mirror, which I do have along with the yummy smelling Sex Wax, but I also have a few other add ons that I would love to share with you! 

Vines

My first inspiration to decorate my car came when I had extra green vines from decorating my room and dorm room. I didn’t know where else to put them, so my next instinct was to branch out my decorating to my car. I originally strung it across the ceiling, but it kept falling on me. I decided to just keep it in the front on the dash where I can see the vine and it can bring me joy. 

car vines
Original photo by maya ordonez

Fake flowers: I got these from the dollar store in mini bouquets that were a dollar each! I usually bring them on picnics or have them around the house, so I knew I had to incorporate some in my car!

Flower air freshener: These totally fit the girly, fun vibe I was going for and are definitely a focal point when looking at the dashboard. They are intended to have small air fresheners in them for when the AC blows, but I simply use them for looks.

car air freshner
Original photo by maya ordonez

Honda and Shifter sparkle Stickers: These are such a nice detail to the car and always catch people’s eye when I drive them! I feel super snazzy and extra whenever I glance at my steering wheel or shift from park to drive. 

car sparkles 2
Original photo by maya ordonez
car sparkles
Original photo by maya ordonez

License plate: The fun license place is a classic, and since I live by the beach and my car is always sandy I had to get the good old coconut girl listener plate frame complete with the palm trees and waves. 

Trash bag: For me, this is an essential because you can’t have a cute car with trash laying around, so might as well have a cute trash bag! It makes everything so much more put together, and people have even mistaken it for a purse because it is just so cute! 

car trash
Original photo by maya ordonez

LED lights: I am obsessed with these LED lights because I can totally transform the vibe of my car at night and I can replicate the chill vibeyness of my room! They not only have a variety of colors and can change colors, but they also flash with the beat of the music! 

car LED
Original photo by maya ordonez

Thanks for reading about what I have to share! These are just some fun ways I like to spice up my car who is like my little bestie and takes care of me when I drive like a crazy person and makes sure I don’t crash! Gotta make her look cute! 

Maya Ordoñez from Cerritos, CA. She is a second-year at UC San Diego majoring in Communications and double minoring in Business and Dance. She is currently on campus and is involved in Greek life and the UCSD dance team. She loves the San Diego area because of the nature, beach, food, and adventure!