5 Ways to Make Remote Learning a Little Bit Better

It is not surprising to say how frustrating 2020 has been thus far. Over the past nine months due to the pandemic, the transition to remote learning has been quite difficult. Even more so, spending countless hours sitting and staring at your computer screen is exhausting. Nonetheless, here are 5 ways to make remote learning a little bit better. 

1. 1. Exercise

Silhouette of woman doing yoga at sunset

Any exercise is a great way to relax your body and mind. It helps to relieve stress that releases endorphins and makes you feel like you can accomplish anything. I find that going outside for an hour can really help ease the chaos from school, especially after being cooped up in the house for a long period of time.

2. 2. Self care

self care isnt selfish sign

I can’t even reiterate the importance of taking care of yourself. My form of self care is writing in my journal, doing a face mask, and putting away my phone.

3. 3. Music

hand holding iphone showing spotify

Music can be therapeutic and a mood booster. Whenever I am feeling sad, happy, or even just to relax I like to play background music. Spotify, Apple music, Youtube, and others have playlists for good study habits that are already made.

4. 4. Study buddy 

woman on a conference call with 3 others

Before COVID-19, I thrived in working in small study groups, however times have changed. It’s a lot harder to manage different schedules and virtually connect with classmates. So, what are some ways to help you find a study buddy or even to engage in study sessions? I suggest reaching out to people in your classes, there’s a chance they may even want to be in a study group as well.

5. 5. Movies/TV Shows

person holding a remote control pointed at TV streaming netflix

What is a better way to relax and relieve stress by watching a movie or your favorite T.V show? Since it is finally fall season, the weather outside is perfect to snuggle in a warm, fuzzy blanket and watch your favorite movie or T.V show.

These are just a few tips to make remote learning somewhat bearable and I encourage you to try it out! Please be sure to take care of yourself and check up on one another, especially in a time like this.