Valentine’s Day Outfits Part One

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCSB chapter.

Hey beautiful ladies! Valentine’s day is coming up and whether you are single, in a relationship or a question mark, we all deserve to serve a stunning Valentine’s Day look. Trends this year such as embriodered floral on denim, velvet, silk and rhinestones/sequins are all accents that you can add to your Valentine’s Day outfit for something a little extra special this year. Red and pink hues are always popular colours for Valentine’s day but don’t be afraid to experiment with silver, black etc. for a different type of look. 

Silk

Silk/satin should be every girl’s favourite texture as it looks sophistcated but it is so comfy and soft to wear. It shimmers, reflects light and looks amazing in pictures. Many stores are selling silk dresses that you can pair with a rhinestone or thick black choker, platform shoes, and a denim or faux fur jacket. This would be a perfect date night outfit to a slightly fancier restaurant (or you could pair the dress with vans for a dress down look and wear this on your day out!) and would look great with a bouqet of roses @boyfriend/boo.

Embroidered flowers

Embroidered patches have made a come back this season and you’ll see a ton of embroidered jeans, jean jackets or dresses at your local mall. What would be a better day date outfit than a pair of jeans embriodered with red roses, a crop top, beret and statement sunglasses?? Your man and the whole world will not be able to stop staring at your fashion killa Valentine’s Day look. Stay comfy but slay in those rose decorated jeans.

Velvet

Look the cutest in a velvet baby pink outfit; you could rock this combo in a skirt, dress or even a two piece set. Feel soft and serve fluffy marshmallow looks in a pink velvet two piece set paired with pink fluffy earrings. 

Fluffy earrings

Fluffy earrings will give any Valentine’s Day look a quick throwback to the 80’s whilst being the perfect accessory to complete your look. You won’t need to accessorize with much else as fluffy earrings are such a statement! These earrings will complete a simple look such as a plain red velvet bodycon dress. Rock this outfit on a girls night out and take the cutest boomerangs and pictures featuring your fluffy earrings!

Metallic

Be a head turner in pair of metallic culottes or shoes. Winter fashion has seen an array of clothes featuring metallic gold, silver and even pink. Change it up this Valentine’s Day with a metallic statement piece in your outfit. You could even wear a metallic chain bra under your dress/crop top as a delicate and subtle statement piece. 

Kristine is a 3rd year Chemistry major at UC Santa Barbara. She was born and raised in San Francisco, CA. When she's not writing, she works with her sister to create adorable baked delicacies for The Royal Icing, their at-home bakery. She's also a ballerina, lipstick enthusiast, and bunny lover. Post-graduation, she plans on going to graduate school while continuing her writing career. Catch her on instagram @CookiesForKay