Flashnotes: Help Me Help You (With Exclusive HC Promo Code!)

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCSB chapter.
Hey collegiettes! We hope that you’re hanging tight with just a month until summer starts. It seems like spring quarter-itis is an actual disease, and it’s only getting harder to focus on school as the weather is getting hotter. If only someone could go to class and take notes for you instead…right?

For these reasons, we wanted to share Flashnotes with you to help you catch up on those classes you’ve missed (or the ones you have caught yourself daydreaming in). And if you go to class every single day and work hard by taking detailed, quality notes…why not make a profit from them? Flashnotes was created to benefit both sides of the coin, providing the resources for college students to make money and get good grades! Here’s how it works:

Buying
Select “University of California – Santa Barbara” from the drop down menu, the subject, and the class that you need study materials for. You can browse through study materials that other students have uploaded, make your selection to purchase, and have top-quality study materials immediately available for download.

If you are buying study materials from Flashnotes, we are giving out the promotion code “HCUCSB” for Her Campus UCSB readers to take 40% off any Flashnotes purchase!

Selling
You can add your own study material on Flashnotes and set your own price that other students can pay for. YOU will be paid 70% of the price you set for each sale in CASH MONEY.

To be an Official Flashnotes Note-Taker, one position is open for each course, which must have at least 75 students enrolled. To apply, email your resume and cover letter to Jobs@Flashnotes.com.

If you are seeking another way to make more money as a full-time student, Flashnotes is currently hiring students to be Campus Recruitment Coordinators at their schools. Ideal candidates will be self-starters who are motivated to reach out to students on campus and promote Flashnotes, as well as hire note-takers for target classes to build content libraries and a larger community of student users. 

For more information on making money through Flashnotes, please visit http://www.flashnotes.com/about-us/jobs/
Allison is a Global Studies major at the University of California, Santa Barbara. She is the Assistant Editor at Her Campus UCSB a contributor to the chapter's Instagram, @hercampusucsb. Allison believes that life is about balances, but that you can never have too many breakfast burritos. You can follow Allison's personal Instagram at @allycnco for life around Santa Barbara, good eats, and travels!
Rachel is a senior at UC Santa Barbara and studies Communication and Global Peace and Security. Rachel is from a small, beautiful town in southern California called Palos Verdes. However, Palos Verdes is just one of the many places Rachel has lived. Rachel spent her childhood moving and traveling all over the world, living in places such as Indianapolis, Indiana; Santiago, Chile; Vienna, Austria; and Orlando, Florida. Rachel has found her heart and her home in California, choosing to spend her college years in sunny Santa Barbara. However, Rachel continued her wanderlust when she studied abroad in Barcelona, Spain in Fall 2012. At UCSB, Rachel is an immensely dedicated and involved member of her sorority Kappa Kappa Gamma, where she held the positions of Panhellenic Delegate, Inter-Greek Counselor, Rho Gam, and a member of the Nominating Slate. Best Buddies, a nonprofit organization dedicated to creating opportunities for one-to-one friendships, integrated employment, and leadership development for people with intellectual and developmental disabilities, is a passion of Rachel's, as she is their Social Media Coordinator as well as an active and proud member. As a member of the Lambda Pi Eta Communication Honors Society, Rachel is able to implement her prowess and affinity for communication and communication-related issues. When Rachel is not writing, participating in Kappa events, or volunteering, you can find her in the gym, on the soccer field, watching Modern Family, or cooking. Rachel's love for sports, food, and writing often times go hand-in-hand, as one may see in her weekly blogs. For the past two summers, Rachel has been freelance writing for the Los Angeles Times, and hopes to continue her career pursuit of journalism after she graduates. Rachel is elated to be a part of Her Campus's fabulous team and loves every moment of it!